How do you like your steak?

I prefer medium rare. With a baked potato.

Well done with ketchup and a Kraft Singles slice

EndOfAntiSocial - Well done with ketchup and a Kraft Singles slice
And an A1 ranch slurry

Medium rare

/thread

Well done with HP.

Just kidding, im not a huge faggot.  Medium rare, with salt and pepper please.

Trust -

135 degrees + seared on the outside.  

Sous vide?

I always order or cook my steaks rare. I didn't know blue existed.

Blue looks like it will still be mooing

In the trash... Steak is putrid.  If i want beef i'll just eat a burger.  So much better.

Rare. Loaded baked potato. With a beer.

125°

Homemade shoestring fries. Cut a potato into a rectangular cube (cut off edges). Mandolin slicer. Deep fry in peanut oil. Toss in extra Virginia olive oil, salt, and rosemary.

Hody - I always order or cook my steaks rare. I didn't know blue existed.

People act like blue is a thing when it's really not. Some dipshits in Pittsburgh --probably one place started it -- act like black and blue is a thing, but it's not really viable as an order.

To achieve what they're talking about you need to set out the meat for an hour or so to get the center to room temp -- which no restaurant can afford to do -- and then sear the outside.

And, if you have -any- fat in that cut (it's not a filet) it's going to be terrible, because the fat hasn't had a chance to render.

Vegito Blue -

In the trash... Steak is putrid.  If i want beef i'll just eat a burger.  So much better.

Drives a Dodge, and hates steak. Now I know 100% you are a huge fag.

Rare with a side of asparagus!!

Good thread.

Rare

Depends on the cut.

Prime Rib? Blue Rare

Filet Mignon? Rare

Ribeye? Medium Rare

I can tolerate steaks cooked up to medium. I've been trying to educate my wife's family (Central Americans) that you don't need to cook your meat to the consistency of shoe leather. While they do seem to appreciate the steaks I cook (rare or medium rare), old habits die hard and they still cook the ever-loving shit out of their steaks. It's depressing.

Vegito Blue -

We are enemies from here on out.

I would go medium nowadays but if it is some heavily marinated flap meat or something thin I can go well done or close to it. If it is like a ribeye or something that will dry out I would rather it be slightly undercooked than slightly over.