How do you REALLY spar?

I always spar at "D" and "F". I will tap to anybody because I don't consider that to be an important part of my training. In return my game has become more fluid than ever before. I only turn it up if training for a tournament, at which time I will go for the tap.

e.) just survive

Similar to what Andrew said - I've been permitting myself one or two moves from each position, and trying to improve on those.

B and C... and as a result I end up in D

b, c, d, sometimes f. All of that sometimes makes me have to e.

- Kyle

Typically, I just try and match the energy of my opponent.

I subscribe to the 'technique over strength' philosophy.

C and D almost all of the time...

But lately I've been working on getting A back so I can start winning at competition.

You are all wrong. :-)

The answer to andre's question depends on the purpose for which you are training:

Are you training for an upcoming competition?

or

Is it between competitions and you are training to learn?

or

(as some of you have said) What size and experience level is your sparring partner?

-Mr. Know-It-All

It depends on who I'm training with, and how big he or she is. If I feel a rivalry with someone, I try and win every match. I try out new techniques on someone everyone, but more on someone less skilled than me because I have time to think about it. I put myself in a bad position with newbies, usually, and occasionally with someone really good if I want to really see if I can get out. (unless they outweight me by more than 50 lbs.) I try and just survive against someone spazzing.

Andrew- That was another piece of good advice I always meant to take, but I keep forgetting because you aren't here anymore remind me.

a lot of times I start out with B but cant get into position to try the move so I end up in E. Once in a while I can try any of the above because the guy is fairly new.

You left out the one I do:

g) flop around like a two-legged gazelle on crack.

J/K :)

I tend to do a combination of b, c, & d.

Mostly C ,sometimes D

But if the guy is new and there is some rivalty then its A

Before competition mostly A

mostly f, then b and before competitions a