how does a fighter go: ammy to pro to ammy?

DJLastCall - Most often, a pro fight listed early in a career (followed by amateur fights) was because the event was reported incorrectly by whoever submitted the results. So early pro bouts were actually amateur bouts, and the amateur bouts afterward were just more amateur bouts.

That is the case far more often than guys actually being paid to fight, then fighting for free...

Also, the definition of pro varies with some regulation. Here, it is defined as having been issued a license in any jurisdiction as a pro fighter. Well, Alaska has no commission. SO you could fight up there, be paid for it like a pro...then come back to this state without ever having been licensed to fight pro...or have any legit report of having fought pro...and continue an impressive amateur career.

This is also an issue, there are still a few states that have no license at all (which was most states 10 years ago) and the picture gets muddled quick.

JSMHP - A lot of fights are mistakenly listed as pro when they are amateur fights.

Correct, and often pro fights are listed as ammy.

Going back from pro to fighting an amateur is cheating and may possible be a dangerous overmatch. Only scumbag trainers/promoters/fighters do this IMO.

Well to be honest, with regards to MMA, I have seen plenty of pros who were terribad, and some amatuers who were shit-hot studs. So the mismatch can happen whether a guy ever got a few C-notes or not.

I dont see why a guy would do it, since if he fights as a pro and sees he isnt ready, the gym is a much, much better place to close that gap than fighting amatuers (who may in fact still beat him).

what about hen u move out of state?

I dont agree with it at all  but i think that happens

First guy I fought had pro fights and fought me as an amateur. Then again I fought with elbows and knees to the head on the ground as an ammy too so it really didn't make a difference. Phone Post