How does amazon Trade in work?

Anybody ever trade in something to amazon? Just curious in people's experiences with it . Phone Post 3.0

It's easy. You just follow the instructions and get a gift card credit in your account. What are you selling?

Easy. Click trade in, follow instructions. Very simple...and I'm a moron. Phone Post 3.0

I figured they'd have dummy steps to help. I more curious about how fair their trade in prices are? And how you go about sending it in? Like cash 4 gold where they send you something to ship it in?Or do you have to pay to ship to them? How long does it take to go thru. ? Phone Post 3.0

very easy! sold a few books recently. they provide the prepaid shipping label, you just need to find a box.. once they receive your shipment they credit your account

ricketycricket - I figured they'd have dummy steps to help. I more curious about how fair their trade in prices are? And how you go about sending it in? Like cash 4 gold where they send you something to ship it in?Or do you have to pay to ship to them? How long does it take to go thru. ? Phone Post 3.0

I sale on there for a living, and there have been times when i was paid more on trade ins then i would have if i had sold them outright. But most of the time, it pays more to sale them yourself, but with the trade in you don't have to wait for cash.

Amazon trade-in was giving the best prices for smartphones a while ago. By a fucking longshot. However, they don't fuck around when you say the phone is in 'like new' condition. It must be PERFECT or they try to screw you.

My buddy tried to sell his old iPhone 5 to get the 6. They were gonna give him something like $300. He claimed it was perfect but when he sent it off they sent him an email saying it had small scratches and he could have it back or they would give him like $35 for it. He got it back and sold it to gazelle.com for about $180.

Also, there were a few distrubing cases of people sending them phones that were in good condition and they got them returned with broken screens and the company telling them to fuck off when they claimed they sent it off in good condition. One guy had pictures of him boxing it up and it still took a long time for them to make good. It's not Amazon that actually does it, it's a 3rd party company contracted by them.

You can go to the Amazon website, click on the Books Category, then click on the Trade-Ins for each category of book to see what they will pay. There are thousands of books in each category (Sci-Fi, History, Scientific, etc,) I keep a running tally on those in my head, as if Amazon will pay for trade in on those, I know I can sell them through FBA and make more. 

I resell books on Amazon but occasionally, as another poster said, I can trade-in books for more than I would get after selling them myself  Plus, Amazon pays the postage and there's no risk of negative feedback.