How does Invicta make money? Who watches it?

Not hating, just genuinly curious

1 Like

![](upload://3TRDflwolYr7vFb1OZIHSG9seSC.gif)

1 Like

No one watches.  No one cares except female fighters, their coaches, and family and friends.  So basically about 500 people in total for every event.

2 Likes

Like any other promotion I suppose. They have enough viewership to stay on Fight Pass and enough revenue from other things to keep the lights on. 

I didn’t realize they were still in business. Shannon Knapp either forgot how to promote it or Kedzie is too busy going “Orange Man Bad” on twitter to promote the organization.

I watch it & the girls at my gym all do

Bill Mahoney - I watch it & the girls at my gym all do

I agree.  Like I said female fighters and their coaches watch.

But other than that, there is not a market for WMMA here.

I've always assumed UFC financially supports them, either just through Fight Pass or also via direct cash support. Invicta is, after all, a feeder league for UFC's incredibly popular WMMA divisions. Without that, I'd have to guess they sell about as well as PFL, which means: plenty of free tickets if you're really dying to visit Kansas City's Memorial Hall, where almost all of their cards are held.

On a SideNote -
Bill Mahoney - I watch it & the girls at my gym all do

I agree.  Like I said female fighters and their coaches watch.

But other than that, there is not a market for WMMA here.

Not totally true, but maybe valid.  I occasionally watch it and I have no ties to it like you describe.

I also think there is a very small, but maybe growing fan base of young girls that are watching.  But to your point, it's probably not a very large fan base.

Bill Mahoney - I watch it & the girls at my gym all do

Shh. The people that actually watch and go don't count. Fuck women, they do nothing good. Men are the best ever!!!!

They desperately need more finishes.

The athletic commission can change the rules but the event can’t.

All the event can do is sign girls that finish and cut girls that don’t.

Obviously it’s hard to finish at the high level if mma but they must cut even good girls who are 3-3 woth all decisions so send the message they MUST take chances.

That is if they ever want woman’s mma to grow.

Girls at the smaller weights know it’s gonna go to decision so they fight differently. They try to land ally throwing fast punches they don’t even turn into like they are sparring over power shots.

Can’t blame the fighters. I coach fighters too fight safe a lot and we all do. But I wish it wasnt the case.

In any event invicta fights go to decision over 75%. Until that changes I don’t See it growing.

Good question.

I love the idea of Invicta.  I love the top level WMMA as much as men's fights.

But actually watching feeder league WMMA?  yeeesh

maybe subsidizing Invicta a little for a year makes sense because it can create a Rousey

GobbleGobbleSlurpSlurpSniffleSniffle -

Not hating, just genuinly curious

On a SideNote -

No one watches.  No one cares except female fighters, their coaches, and family and friends.  So basically about 500 people in total for every event.

If you really want to know how Invicta makes its money then listen closely to what Jinh says.

https://clips.twitch.tv/RefinedDeliciousMooseWutFace

Dead President -

![](upload://3TRDflwolYr7vFb1OZIHSG9seSC.gif)

automatically starting whistling

Back before the UFC bought Invicta out a lot of people were really into it, myself included. Most of their cards were great before the UFC purchase. Shit ton of technical difficulties so they had to refund like half of their customers. Remember to pay your IT guy instead of hiring another 40 HR/PR people, ladies.