How Does Jon Jones Fix His Image?

He needs to lose a fight by vicious KO.
Start at the bottom of the ladder and work his way up.

For a fighter, that makes the most sense.

UGCTT_mrzipplokk -  Yeah, he's so 'hated' Nike gave him a huge endorsement deal.  These forums represent a sub-culture. The average bar going UFC fan doesn't give a flying fuck.

This... The majority of d-bags do not follow anything other than watching fights. So when most of us are hoping he loses his next fight, we will be mean mugged by the bww Tapout crew. Phone Post

Does beating Vitor with a dominating fashion help?

He needs to fight someone who's messed up even more than he has so that he looks like the good guy in comparison

He just needs to keep his mouth shut and start living the way he wants to live instead of trying to front. Just be like "I ain't been to church in years. I drink and drive. Yea? So? I'm bangin whores because...I can bitches. Whatchu gon' do bout it? Nothin homey. I got the strap."

Stop trying to be all respectful and shit. Everyone sees right through the facade. The dudes a walking contradiction

Drop the hypocrisy would probably be step one...

Win lots of fights in spectacular fashion...

Ultimately that's what this is all about, people will forgive almost anything if you entertain them where it matters.

Boofhead3 - It'll be hard he has dug a deep grave Phone Post

^ Phone Post

RKellyPeedOnMe -
UGCTT_mrzipplokk -  Yeah, he's so 'hated' Nike gave him a huge endorsement deal.  These forums represent a sub-culture. The average bar going UFC fan doesn't give a flying fuck.

This... The majority of d-bags do not follow anything other than watching fights. So when most of us are hoping he loses his next fight, we will be mean mugged by the bww Tapout crew. Phone Post

most likely they won't know what is going on until they show up Sept 1st expecting to see UFC 151 and realize they got duped.. Phone Post

There are only 2 options:

1.) Contrite apology to fans at a press conference, followed up by intense redemptive social media, string together a couple wins and each time thanks the fans for their support - both before the fight during press interviews and after the fight during in the ring interviews and at the post fight press conference. He should also give the undercarriage fighters their show money. Would probably cost him $100k, but be worth 1,000 times that in good will.

2.) Don't apologize. Not only don't apologize, go out of your way to be inflammatory. Ali wrote the blueprint on it, Chael has mastered it. He would need to embrace being the heel. I'm not kidding that I would suggest meeting with former WWE wrestlers to learn how to do it well.

Frankly, I don't think Jones has the character to do #1 and I don't think he's intelligent enough to do #2. Phone Post

XxLiveBaitxX - He needs to lose a fight by vicious KO.
Start at the bottom of the ladder and work his way up.

For a fighter, that makes the most sense.

That's exactly what I was thinking. He needs to be humbled. After losing, he should leave Team Jackson, move up to heavyweight, reconcile with Rashad, and join the Blackzilians.

I hope you're drunk. He doesn't need to be humbled, what he needs to do is stop caring about tall of this crap, and win fights. He's been booed during weigh ins and walk outs before, but when he's won everyone cheers for him. Previous posters are right, your casual tapout bro doesn't care about all this stuff, and that's who the UFC is trying to get to buy the ppvs. Win, win, win, and don't test positive for steroids.

chawkins - Retire.

! Phone Post

It will be interesting to see of anyone buys all of his Nike stuff that will come out. I would imagine that is the test of his popularity. You an imagine the suits at Nike thinking FFS at this career suicide. Phone Post

Jon Jones can't fix his image.
It's much much too late for that now.

Obviously he isn't the brightest fighter on UFC roster.

He has gone the same route as Rashad did, as far as fan hatred goes, but took it to another level.

Rashad for example may be a nice person, but he's just trying too hard, he wants everybody to like him and that's his undoing, cuz the reality is - nobody would buy that, you can't be all sweetness, so you must be fake and you are :D

Same with Jones - he tried to act like a saint, driven by God to be the GOAT.
There's nothing wrong with his fighting ability - I liked him always because he makes stuff from the movies real.
Trouble for him starts the moment he opens his mouth.

This is a fighter who's ability in the cage far exceeds his mental ability. His fights speak for themselves, he doesn't have to say anything really and it would be all good.

But he talks. And my god, the boy sure is dumb.

If Jones would just fight and shut the fuck up, everybody would love him. But no, he has too. His stupid tattoo says it all - lame quote from the bible. And this is a man who prolly bangs 16 year old bitches left and right and we know that, we would bang em too if we were in his shoes.

"I don't do stupid shit, God this God that" 2 months later crashes his car while drunk with 2 lolitaz on board.
You can't get more fake, can you? :D

Generally speaking - most things Jones says about himself, let us fans believe that either he's plain stupid or he thinks we're fuckin stupid or both.
And nobody likes if somebody is insulting their intelligence. Even Arianny.

So the only way for Jones to get some fans back is by shutting his mouth for few years.

I've hated him since high school. My step dad whooped my a$$ when I got suspended for smoking pot behind the bleachers. Phone Post

If he keeps wining people will forget

umm. he fights. His image is irrelevant. He's a fighter-he fights. then everything else falls into place.

Drunkenirishfc - If he keeps wining people will forget

his haters wont.Which is about 70 percent of mma fans