How does Lister prep for Okami?

What are Lister's preps going to be to be ready for Okami? I hear he is lifting a lot to get more muscle. Is he going to stand with him?

I dont know but I'll prepare for this fight by grabbing a pillow.

"Is he going to stand with him?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I really see this as being a showcase fight for Okami to get his name out there before he gets Silva

Okami by brute strength Round 2

he better train twice as hard as ever b4

I'd train takedowns and pulling guard if I was him.

I said this on a different thread; this is a tough fight for Lister.

He will have alot of trouble getting Okami down - if at all- and Okami will pick him apart on the feet.

Terrible fight for Dean.

Dean better get real get at the flying guard pull if he wants to have any chance at this one.

JoseyWales - I really see this as being a showcase fight for Okami to get his name out there before he gets Silva

Okami by brute strength Round 2

+1

i dont know what joe silva is thinking when he makes matchups like this...this in all likelihood will be a very very very boring and slow match

NorthFromHere - I'd train takedowns and pulling guard if I was him.

he better train to set up his takedowns a bit better.

Nope.

Boring decision.  Okami via takedowns.basically.  That's how I see this fight going.

Dean = 1.2 dimensional fighter. Unless they start outlawing strikes on the ground, begin starting bouts from the knees, or give him brass knuckles, Dean's going to stay a B-level fighter.

I doubt Lister's going to be able to make his weak takedown game go from mediocre to great. And he would have to be great to get Okami down and actually keep him there.

Okami has the better standup and thats sad considering Okami aint that great standing but at least he's tagged some guys. Okami has great muscle and is careful and technical enough on the ground that I doubt Lister will catch him, though it is always possible. Okami has also shown he has better gas.

Look at their fights, how they've won and how they've lost, how can you not say Okami has the clear edge?

by standing in between tito and shamrock

Domingo - Dean = 1.2 dimensional fighter. Unless they start outlawing strikes on the ground, begin starting bouts from the knees, or give him brass knuckles, Dean's going to stay a B-level fighter.

wtf are you talking about. lister has no problem with strikes on the ground..

pray to jesus

"Lister won't be able to get him down, will gas, and will get tko'd at some point."

So many fights Dean was suppossed to get ko'd or tko'd and guess what? nobody has finished him in his entire career. Not trying to do a a+b=c but Dean lost a split decision in a competitive fight to Suloev in which Suloev Ko'd Okami in the 1st round.

Dean winning this fight is all about executing and sticking to his gameplan the whole fight. We all know how this fight will go..Dean will be going for the takedown and Okami will be sprawling and trying to land shots. The best thing about watching Dean fight is when he can get the fight where he wants it and can get control he pulls off awesome submssions.

Dean by submission 2nd round.

i see it like marquardt vs lister