How does NSAC make money?

It's by suspending fighters the whole fighter license process is. Croc. What ever percent they take from a fighter by suspending them they put in there own pocket. Their has to be. Better way. Phone Post

From ufcs tit Phone Post

Money coming from fines is probably their smallest revenue generator, I would guess.

Most of their revenue comes two things: 1) the fees each fighter, promoter, etc. must pay to get licensed. 2) a tax on event gate receipts.

I read they make anywhere for
600 700 thousand a year 100 of it coming from suspended fighters. Phone Post

I remember Keith Kizer being asked that I am pretty sure the revenue goes into the General Fund.

There is a worldwide consensus that PEDs are bad for sports. Like 99% of people out there think so.

I don't believe the JDS juices, and thus 'Reem would have an unfair advantge over him. The NSAC is enforcing the law. Overeem got caught. This is a good thing, not a bad thing.

I don't understand the complaints.

Mike C ended this thread a long time ago.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Sherdog-Rewind-An-Interview-with-NAC-Executive-Director-Keith-Kizer-42101

Sherdog.com: How is the Nevada Athletic Commission funded?
Kizer: We're funded from the general fund. The state itself gives us money from the general fund in our budget for every fiscal year.

Sherdog.com: You're not also funded by taxes on live gates and pay-per-views and things like that?
Kizer: That's the funding we collect and send to the state. None of that money goes to us directly. The amount of money we raise makes no difference on the amount of money we get. There's no direct correlation there.

Sherdog.com: What's the budget roughly every year?
Kizer: Probably about $600,000 to $700,000, somewhere around there, give or take $50K.

"How does NSAC make money?"

Yearly bake sale fund raiser, I hear Diaz is donating brownies this year.

money may not go directly to the nsac but if they dont collect, the state will not be happy so there is an indirect correlation

You can't suspend someone that does not have a license in your jurisdiction yet...

DJLastCall - You can't suspend someone that does not have a license in your jurisdiction yet...

Reem was not suspended. He was not granted a licsence and told he could not re-apply for 9 months. This is due to his conditional licsence he was issued for the Brock fight in which he owed the NSAC two more test. He failed the first of the two owed. I think thats it in a nutshell, correct me if I'm wrong.

DJ,

What is the difference in Overeem`s situation in NV? He can`t apply for a license,so that would be the same thing as being suspended..right?

I can't comment on the organisation but I'm sure a lot of the employees do very well from back handers... Phone Post

Kirik -  I remember Keith Kizer being asked that I am pretty sure the revenue goes into the General Fund.

There is a worldwide consensus that PEDs are bad for sports. Like 99% of people out there think so.

I don't believe the JDS juices, and thus 'Reem would have an unfair advantge over him. The NSAC is enforcing the law. Overeem got caught. This is a good thing, not a bad thing.

I don't understand the complaints.

You seem to be saying or alluding to Reem being caught for juicing? Last time I checked all that was documented on record was that he had an elevated T:E ratio due to a anti-inflammatory injection prepared with testosterone prescribed by a sketchy doctor.

Certainly not 'juicing' though in my book. I didn't see Nandrolone , Boldenone etc. in the report.

Karyn Bryant threads have been removed for less.

crowbar -  DJ,

What is the difference in Overeem`s situation in NV? He can`t apply for a license,so that would be the same thing as being suspended..right?

I don't think so.

If NV suspended a license, no other jurisdiction can/should issue one.

If they refuse to license him, he SHOULD still be able to get a license somewhere else because (technically) he isn't suspended anywhere.