How does unregulated rules affect tv exposure?

UFC obvious is regulated rules.

One FC just went Pride rules with elbows, now that the general public have a taste for the UFC it is only amount of time before they want more thrills, blood etc.

I predict the word on One FC will get out and become well known soon enough.

If that is the case how will the use of unregulated rules restrict US television coverage. Is FOX out of the question when they are big enough etc is PPV their only option etc? Or just is just stop live events and licenses? Phone Post

Tttt Phone Post

Come on the UG know everything.... Phone Post

The general public doesn't want to see downed opponents getting kicked in the face, so it's probably a hinderance more than a help. Phone Post

Who cares - we have the web.

Chimp Strength - 

The general public doesn't want to see downed opponents getting kicked in the face, so it's probably a hinderance more than a help. Phone Post

Hit the nail on the head. We've seen countless times how violent the sport can be, and people aren't going to see it as a legitamate sport when you've got refs giving the signal for someone to take another person's head off.

Of course, all of us don't mind it, because it's awesome, but I'm pretty sure if the NFL allowed dropkicks to face in order to stop the offense, it'd lose a little credibility as a legit sport. It's just a matter of keeping things professional, and showing the world that violence can still be violent, while also being controlled at the same time.

MMA has come a long way.

yellow wrkahlc - 
Chimp Strength - 

Hit the nail on the head. We've seen countless times how violent the sport can be, and people aren't going to see it as a legitamate sport when you've got refs giving the signal for someone to take another person's head off.

Of course, all of us don't mind it, because it's awesome, but I'm pretty sure if the NFL allowed dropkicks to face in order to stop the offense, it'd lose a little credibility as a legit sport. It's just a matter of keeping things professional, and showing the world that violence can still be violent, while also being controlled at the same time.

MMA has come a long way.

I say allow drop kicks in NFL, I think Id even consider watching it then!

< I say allow drop kicks in NFL, I think Id even consider watching it then! >

Bring back clotheslines :)

The FCC and the U.S. Public isn't interested in seeing soccer kicks to the jaw. It doesn't matter what happens in any other promotion. The UFC's primary concern is maintaining its legal status in it's home country. Doesn't matter if other promotions permit knife fights. If it doesn't fly on American TV, it's never making it to the UFC.

/thread

Authority Figure - The FCC and the U.S. Public isn't interested in seeing soccer kicks to the jaw. It doesn't matter what happens in any other promotion. The UFC's primary concern is maintaining its legal status in it's home country. Doesn't matter if other promotions permit knife fights. If it doesn't fly on American TV, it's never making it to the UFC.

/thread

American Idol is going into it's twelth season.

There's not a whole lot we don't allow the public to view...

The FCC has no authority over cable tv.

NEWSFLASH - The FCC has no authority over cable tv.

Yeah screw those jerks Phone Post

Fox is a network channel. Phone Post