How far can you walk…?

Without getting tired? I’m not talking about a sight-seeing type of plodding where you walk a few steps - stop, look at the trees and birds then go back to walking. I’m talking about a nicely paced walk - a step or two before you’d call it jogging.

Would you make it 2 miles? 5- 10 miles? More?When would your cardio give out ? Maybe your calves would cramp up …?

It would be interesting to take the average person and perform this experiment. The average length would be …?

1 Like

I get my BEST results from “plodding” taking in the “trees & birds” and other critters and peoples. I forget about “exercise, pace/time” and just stroll. When I do that I find that it results in the BEST SHAPE too!

1 Like

I did 25 miles in the heat in Ft Benning when I was like 19.

13 Likes

From here to my car.

9 Likes

I did 7K the other day. Weather is not great right now though…

What could you do present day do you think?

Would say 30-50miles

How old are you? I assume you exercise quite often?

I walked 9 miles home from the boat when me and the wife got into a argument hahahahaha had boat shoes on, if I had my on clouds I’d still be walking!

2 Likes

No. 48 in a month. Just started again but going slow. Treadmill shit the bed so I’ve been going outside, then theraband for shoulder rehab. Back to weights in a month.

1 Like

I did a long one home from a stag one night in crocs and it took 3 or 4 days for my feet to heal… bad times…

1 Like

something something five hundred miles

7 Likes

When I was on the treadmill regularly before CoVid hit and then Dad died, I did just over 1500 miles at around 4.4 mph and 13-15 elevation in a year. I would do 7 miles a day for age seventy plus row 3-5 miles, plus a little bit on the stair master and elliptical. I really need to get back there. It was my routine for 10 years following my heart valve surgery. My health has gone south while I have dealt with clearing out his homes, dealing with finances, etc. I worked out at a cardiac center in a hospital because if something went wrong that was the place to be. I have gained undesirable weight and though I am not obese by any means, I would like to get back where I was. Right now, I could probably not walk a five K at a strolling pace … ashamed to admit it but I calls ‘em as I sees ‘em.

5 Likes

I can walk 100 miles if I got food and water. Walking isn’t hard.

1 Like

I’ve done 11.5 hours in the mountains. No food, no water. The last hour in the dark. I passed out once I got home.

2 Likes

OP can I stop at all during this? Or is it like the Steven King story and if you stop you get shot?

3 Likes

You should try getting caught in the dark on 450 dirtbike in a logging area with no trail. Wanna pass out ? It’ll do it.

1 Like

Just tell yourself each step taken is one more towards the next cake.

3 Likes

That sounds dangerous mate. I hope you made it back safely.

2 Likes

I would say that you can walk for as long as you can stay awake, just make sure you eat and drink as you walk. Walking is only a little more difficult than standing still.

1 Like