How fast can you run 2 miles?

I have been running 2-3 miles about 2 to 3x a week. Mostly 2 miles because I am a naturally lean guy and need to fight to keep weight on. 

Are two mile runs even a thing? I mean I pretty much try to run as hard as I can and I’m pretty much dead afterwards. But so far I average about 14:05-14:10. I have yet to break the 14 minute mark. How fast can you run 2 miles?

spookEtheghost -

I have been running 2-3 miles about 2 to 3x a week. Mostly 2 miles because I am a naturally lean guy and need to fight to keep weight on. 

Are two mile runs even a thing? I mean I pretty much try to run as hard as I can and I’m pretty much dead afterwards. But so far I average about 14:05-14:10. I have yet to break the 14 minute mark. How fast can you run 2 miles?

That's really good for how little you run. If you want to go faster you either need to run a lot more slow miles, or take at least one day per week to run 400 or 800 meter intervals at your goal pace. Even shorter 200m intervals can go a long way. 

To answer your question, last year when o wad running g 40 miles per week I did it in 12 20. Haven't been running g past 6 months so I might be between 15 and 16 minutes

16 minutes if I’m really trying. Just hoping probably 20 minutes. 

Right now I'm not sure. When in great shape I once ran 3 miles in 16:20.

I don't think I've run faster than 9:30/mile. So 19 minutes. 

But I've been running 6+ lately ... maybe I could do 8:30/mile if i was just running 2.... ?

Refer to Girly's "How fast can you run 1 mile" thread and double the times. Ha

Best probably 15.  Now, probably 19.

I’ve hit 19:30 as my best time. Training for a Marathon currently for the first time in my life. Never been a runner before. 

BMF12 - Refer to Girly's "How fast can you run 1 mile" thread and double the times. Ha

and add a minute I think.  

Id be around 15 I think 

14:00 

I once timed my 2 mile run at 14 minutes, 11 seconds. That was when I was running pretty regularly. I wasn't trying to beat a time, I was just trying to figure out what my typical "pace" was.

Now, I think I can run 2 miles in about 3.5 days.

ufc98newb -
spookEtheghost -

That's really good for how little you run. If you want to go faster you either need to run a lot more slow miles, or take at least one day per week to run 400 or 800 meter intervals at your goal pace. Even shorter 200m intervals can go a long way. 

To answer your question, last year when o wad running g 40 miles per week I did it in 12 20. Haven't been running g past 6 months so I might be between 15 and 16 minutes

Well thanks, I wasn’t quite sure where I stood. It’s a balancing act tho, if I run more, I lose a lot of weight and my lifts suffer from it. I want to put on size so I’m trying to not run as many miles as I used to. I might even have to lower it more. 

spookEtheghost -
ufc98newb -
spookEtheghost -

Well thanks, I wasn’t quite sure where I stood. It’s a balancing act tho, if I run more, I lose a lot of weight and my lifts suffer from it. I want to put on size so I’m trying to not run as many miles as I used to. I might even have to lower it more. 

I'm kind of in the same spot as you. No need to be any faster than that. You are running plenty enough for general fitness. 

14 minutes.

Maybe a little less if I push hard.

i ran 4.2 miles in 30 flat the other day. Thought that was pretty good for a 32 y/o with shit knees.

Depends on what the fuck is chasing me.

ufc98newb -
spookEtheghost -
ufc98newb -
spookEtheghost -

I'm kind of in the same spot as you. No need to be any faster than that. You are running plenty enough for general fitness. 

I think it’s a mental goal for me to be able to break 14:00.  But yeah I think I’m going to keep my running about the same. I just need to figure out how to put on more mass at the same time!!

spookEtheghost -
ufc98newb -
spookEtheghost -
ufc98newb -
spookEtheghost -

I think it’s a mental goal for me to be able to break 14:00.  But yeah I think I’m going to keep my running about the same. I just need to figure out how to put on more mass at the same time!!

If you are just running 2 miles, 3x per week, something that might work for you is using one of those days as an interval day. Run 8x400 in around 1:30 per lap, with a 2 minute break (give or take) in between each. That would give your legs 2 miles of running at 6 minute mile pace. Do this for a few weeks, maybe it gives you a little extra speed for your 2 mile time.

When I was younger I ran 2 miles in under 11 minutes.

I couldn't do that now. I dont think I want to find out what my time would be now LOL.

ufc98newb -
spookEtheghost -
ufc98newb -
spookEtheghost -
ufc98newb -
spookEtheghost -

If you are just running 2 miles, 3x per week, something that might work for you is using one of those days as an interval day. Run 8x400 in around 1:30 per lap, with a 2 minute break (give or take) in between each. That would give your legs 2 miles of running at 6 minute mile pace. Do this for a few weeks, maybe it gives you a little extra speed for your 2 mile time.

That makes a lot of sense actually. I will give it a shot !