How good is Frank Mir?

Anyone see Mir at the weigh ins? He's pushing 265 lbs and looks a lot more in shape then he has in past fights...He claims he's added 16 lbs of muscle since Brock.

Mir says some stupid things on camera sometimes but he comes off as someone who is truly dedicated to martial arts and sometimes says things that make me think he gets it.

He really worked on his striking for Nogueria and no he is not elite and yeah That Nogueria was not Nog of 2004, but I think Frank convinced himself in that fight that he can beat the best.

Sure he lost to lesnar but there's no shame in that, he also has a win over Lesnar so in his head he can do it again..

I'm interested to see if he'll beat Kongo and if we're seeing a new re-dedicated Frank Mir, and what kind of noise he can make in the HW division, his BJJ has always been pretty good.

What do you guys think?

I'm going on a limb and saying he subs Kongo inside of 2 rounds.

Frank could be the president of his own fan club.

That being said, he's one of the most dangerous HW's in the UFC on the ground.

Mir is good, he just turns people off with his trash talk.  Who knows how good a 265lbs Mir will be vs the 245lbs Mir. 

not very.

Yes he is a trash talker but I expect his A game to improve with his new found commitment to strength and conditioning.

He's better than everybody at everything just ask him...

hes a good fighter 4sho. but WAYYYYYYY over ranked!!!!! He will lose sat

He can't defend GnP to save his life. He gambles on submissions from the bottom which will one day lead to his death if he isn't careful.

He's this good...

holds out hands slightly far apart

He's okay for a HW, arguably MMA's worst division. 15-20 pounds of muscle or not, he'll never get past his problem of bad cardio and wilting/not recovering when hurt.

AmericanPsychoMMA -  Mir is good, he just turns people off with his trash talk.  Who knows how good a 265lbs Mir will be vs the 245lbs Mir. 

this

Not as good as he thinks he is.

IMO Mir is better at commentating than fighting.

"Enough about me.. Let's talk about you talking about me.."

-Frank Muur

Mir is a synical kinda guy. He wants to fight someone intent on taking him out, hes testing himself. Frank Mir is one of my favorite fighters due to his synical bullshit talk, hes mocking the Junie Browning's and even the Brock Lesnar WWE star put butts in seats phenomena that has taken over his sport and his art. I am very excited to see him finally accept who he is though and put a bar on his back and start liftin' heavy. I think it took being mauled by Chesty to make him realize and accept who he is. Frank is definately at the top of the UFC food chain.

he's definitly confident

He had good matches at correct time... Only good win was against Sylvia, other than that.. He beat Nogueira who was dead man walking, and Lesnar was beating shit out of him, before he lost due to experience difference, year and half later Muur got punded out.

He is good, but not elite... Gatekeeper level.

BaddKarma - He is not very good.

He just talks a lot of shit and people believe it.

His most notable wins are Sylvia and Nog. And maybe very green Brock.

He got pounded by Vera, Freeman, Brock and Cruz.

He is 4-3 vs good competition.

Brock is the #2 HW in the world, Nog is the #3 HW in the world, Sylvia was champ and a top 5 HW at the time.

Just for FYI'ish purposes.

BaddKarma - He is not very good.

He just talks a lot of shit and people believe it.

His most notable wins are Sylvia and Nog. And maybe very green Brock.

He got pounded by Vera, Freeman, Brock and Cruz.

He is 4-3 vs good competition.
The Frank Mir that Kongo will fight is not the same out of shape, ring-rusty Mir that Brandon Vera crushed.

If the fight goes to the ground, look for a submission by Mir. Give Mir credit for not pulling out of the Lesnar fight with that huge hemotoma on the side of his head. Other fighters have pulled out of fights for having a cold a week before the fight .Plus Mir is the second best MMA color commentator in the business behind Rogan. Respect!

Lol, if any "class act" fighters would have been in a motorcycle crash and lost a bunch of fights, they'd be defended by the nuthuggers all across the forum.

Mir was crushed by Lesnar, and will bounce back again Kongo. How his newfound musclemass will affect his cardio and agility, we'll see.

Muuur has turned into a pussy too many times in the heat of the battle.

When Wes Simms illegally stomped Mir, Mir could have continued, but instead jumped up saying "I can't see, I can't see."

Same when Vera was pounding on him. He covered up & prayed the ref would stop the fight.

I really hope he gets to fight Brock again. Brock will put Mir in a mental institution...

Funny how Mir gets all heated about Lesnar's antics, when he dishes out quite a bit himself.

Mir does look a lot better since the Vera loss. You've gotta give him credit for his comeback from the accident.