How good is Game of Thrones?

I've watched the first episode, and it didn't grip me. For some reason, I don't really care. I'm not really into fantasy Lord of the Rings shit.

Having said that, it took me three or four tries to get into the Wire, which I ended up loving.

The Sopranos might be my favorite drama, followed closely by the Wire, and then Breaking Bad (although BB may be more "fun" than any other show...).

So, how does Game of Thrones compare? Should I put in the effort to get into it? How good is it?

My second favorite show, albeit not as good as the books

My roommate, who sounds similar to you, didn't really get into GoT until the sixth episode. He loves it now, though.

it is in the same tier as those shows.

as in great.

Lots of wiener, imo. Flopping whiners, dangly wieners . Phone Post 3.0

Robert Paulson - Lots of wiener, imo. Flopping whiners, dangly wieners . Phone Post 3.0

Alright, I'll give it a shot...

...wait, wat?

Addicting/note: dont get too attached to any characters.

Great show! Watch it you fucking fuck. 

Made it to half way through season 2 so I really wanted to like it but just couldn't get into it.

Going to start breaking bad, I've still to hear one person say it's shit Phone Post 3.0

Best show IMO, unpredictable

My third fave show ever after BB and the Wire. Phone Post 3.0

Phaedo -
Robert Paulson - Lots of wiener, imo. Flopping whiners, dangly wieners . Phone Post 3.0

...wait, wat?
Legit lol. Phone Post 3.0

There was a recent South Park where Butters goes on a rant about how much tits and ass they show on GoT but that when they show dicks, its always gay dudes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OGIJ-u8gwU

bluename please

NastyNarwhal - I've started watching it recently. I'm having a little bit of trouble keeping track of who's who.

Basically, I am asking if I'm retarded. Phone Post 3.0

No, there are a ton of characters and stories.

Obviously it helps if you read them first, but the show does a great job. You'll know what's going on.

It is a great series, but it takes 4-5 episodes to get up to speed on the characters. I place it just below Rome (which is GOAT) in terms of quality. The books are much better, just because each chapter is told from a character's point of view, so you know what is going through their head. But not everyone has time to read 5k pages.

Robert Paulson - Lots of wiener, imo. Flopping whiners, dangly wieners . Phone Post 3.0
My man Robert here likes his TV wieners hard and stiff, none of these soft gangly ones. Phone Post

It used to be my favorite show, season 1 is really good (best season 1 ever of any TV show). Season 2 is pretty slow, season 3 picks up towards the end.

Breaking Bad was #1 until the end.

Best show left still on TV after BB ended. Great show has a few slow points but what show doesn't. And the books are awesome as well.

Phaedo -

...wait, wat?
Beep Phone Post 3.0