How Good Is Minakov?

Guy looks pretty impressive to me. Much better prospect IMO than Stipe in the UFC. Would love to see those two fight. Bootleg Fedor takes it. Phone Post 3.0

Stipe wrecks him IMHO Phone Post 3.0

Minakov vs Kongo next

Minakov by TKO

Don't think he would be UFC champ or anything, but he wins more than he losses in the UFC.

And I would pick him to beat Stipe. Stipe might beat him, but he certainly wouldn't wreck him.

Pretty pretty pretty pretttttty good.

Bobby Lupo - Guy looks pretty impressive to me. Much better prospect IMO than Stipe in the UFC. Would love to see those two fight. Bootleg Fedor takes it. Phone Post 3.0

When Minakov has a win anywhere near the quality of Roy Nelson, then we'll have more to go on.

Until then, decent talent fighting low-level HW's.

He's a 2x Sport Sambo champ which is the legit form that has all the Sambo and Judo talent, not Combat Sambo which is newer and has a much shallower talent pool, but is closer to MMA.

I'm not completely sold on Minakov yet. He looked great last night but the Martinez fight was pretty sloppy. I would be really impressed if he beats Kongo. Phone Post 3.0

Minakov had two weeks of training for the Martinez fight. Apparently something happened with his former trainer/mentor, and his training situation was all up in the air. He basically had a couple weeks to set up with a new place and squeeze in whatever training he could.

I really like him as a prospect. I'm convinced that he's the top HW prospect in MMA. I just hope he doesn't fall in love with his KO power and neglect his grappling.