How good is Strickland?

Giy has heart and conditioning but his game seem limited. Can he be a top 5 fighter?

He should stick to propane

5 Likes

I think Kelvin would clean his clock, Till too I think.

I think he could beat Hermansson, maybe Brunson and possibly Costa.

I think Izzy, Vettori, Bobby knuckles are too talented for him.

His pressure, cardio, and jab seem to overwhelm a lot of guys. I think he can go top 5. I think Costa, Izzy, and Rob would beat him but he picks apart Brunson who would gas out, Hermansson, Vettori, Till, and Kelvin.

1 Like

Cannoniwr would be an exciting fight but that will have to happen a bit later.

2 Likes

Hes still pretty young. I think Vettori, Izzy and Bobby Knuckles is too much. I think he can be top 5 though. Love his style

I think he’s a tough fight for everyone besides Adesanya. Not saying he wins all those, just saying it’s possible. Brunson may just lay on him. Till and Whitaker may be too much standing but I don’t think it would be easy for them. Adesanya would leg kick him to death and make him look stupid.

Till is a rough matchup for him. Kelvin is so darn inconsistent.

No way could I see him beating Knuckles or Izzy (or Yoel if he were still around). But, I could imagine him beating some of the other guys.

1 Like

I would be genuinely shocked if he had anything for either of them. Could be wrong.

Till also seems to be very on and off, lets face it lots of pressure on Till is not his strong game

1 Like

Gatekeeper

This is where I’m at. If he has takedown defense, I like him against Hermansson, Brunson, Vettori and Kelvin. I think he’s somewhat allusive, he’s a better striker & that cardio is on point…

His striking is better than how it looks at the surface. He got out of the way of a lot of Uriah’s shots with just enough head movement and positioning. Uriah didn’t land shit on him.

A guy with pretty good technique and can brawl inside and trade on the outside with good cardio, volume, and enough power to keep you honest could he a real tough fight for a lot of people.

4 Likes