How good was Erik Paulson?

funny dude as well.

jman - I remember hearing a story about him where he got into a bar fight and broke some guy's ankle. He then took the guy to the emergency room and paid for the bill.

Really cool, and smart move.

I think you might be talking about the story with Chad Stahleski, the stuntman.

Erick had him in a shoulder lock during training and Chad wouldn't tap.  Erick says 'dude I'm about to pop your shoulder'   Chad says, 'go ahead dude'   so Eric pops it, drives him to the hospital and they have drinks after.   They are longtime buddy's and training partners.

At least that is what I heard from a couple of Inosanto guys.

Photobucket 

still got this one in the closet with my Yori-Shoot Wrestling book.

I have trained with lots of very good people in my time. With that being said, training with Erik was one of the coolest experiences I've had as a martial artist.

Just got done training at erik's today. He is very good and an unbelievable wealth of knowledge.  Not to mention a great guy

PTM2020 - 
jman - I remember hearing a story about him where he got into a bar fight and broke some guy's ankle. He then took the guy to the emergency room and paid for the bill.

Really cool, and smart move.

I think you might be talking about the story with Chad Stahleski, the stuntman.

Erick had him in a shoulder lock during training and Chad wouldn't tap.  Erick says 'dude I'm about to pop your shoulder'   Chad says, 'go ahead dude'   so Eric pops it, drives him to the hospital and they have drinks after.   They are longtime buddy's and training partners.

At least that is what I heard from a couple of Inosanto guys.

Hmmm could be. I seem to remember some kind of leglock in the story...but then again I'm getting old as most of us non-TUF/CBS Noobs are.

before his time!! love that guy!

What Carlos Newton did to him was kinda surprising tho. took him down, mounted him and armbarred him in less than a minute.

how would he have done against Royce??

i'd say better than average.

royce by ponytail grab

again

i've never seen any of his MMA career, just his instructional videos, but he is clearly a great trainer.

kungfukid - did anyone see him in wcc, he beat sean mccully then lost to james warring, would have fought renzo inthe final if he had won!

Paulson vs Renzo would have been a hell of a fight.

Paulson is far greater than He gets credit for!!!!

^ I second that!

Erik has many desciples as I am proud to admit I am one of them. He is an inspiration to a lot of us. So much knowledge has come from him!

TTT for E.P.

I Love that guy, He's bad & Supper cool too! B Warren