How good was Mike Mussina?

I remember him being good when he was on Baltimore I believe? But its around the time I stopped watching baseball for awhile 

He had a Wild Fast Arm, better known as WFA!

I believe he was the runner up for the WFA cy young award one year. 

Fook!!! Mods plz move

When it gets to the OG, can they also clear up whether Mussina was a racist/bigot

Colby Covid19ington - When it gets to the OG, can they also clear up whether Mussina was a racist/bigot

Never heard that, whats the story?

The Closed Guard - 
Colby Covid19ington - When it gets to the OG, can they also clear up whether Mussina was a racist/bigot

Never heard that, whats the story?

Peter Gammon wrote an article alluding to a sophisticated pitcher being racist. Rob Neyer figure out it was Mussina Gammon was talking about. But I don’t know what it was Mike did or say.

The Closed Guard -

I remember him being good when he was on Baltimore I believe? But its around the time I stopped watching baseball for awhile 

Won 20 games the year he retired with nyy. Probably The best nyy pitcher to never win a WS 

Good enough to be a Hall of Famer without getting 300 wins. Came 1 strike away from a pitching a perfect game. Never heard about that racism allegations so I cant comment on that.

He was a top 20 pitcher during his career. Not Pedro Martinez, but an ace on most teams. At no point in his career was he the best pitcher in the league. Not dominant, but very good.

androb -
The Closed Guard -

Won 20 games the year he retired with nyy. Probably The best nyy pitcher to never win a WS 

Yeah retired in 2008 just before the 2009 Yankees won the WS.