how good was tom erickson?

and remember he finished a fight with a "rape choke"?

Incredible potential, especially since he only trained part-time. His passion was coaching wrestling. NHB (MMA) was just something he did on the side.

randleman was simply too small. big guy moved well. very good fighter. another guy who used to post here regularly. i remember when there would be threads and you could find guys like coleman, erikson and randleman all posting. if you wanted to know anything about wrestling and takedowns this forum was gold

pharochuck -  randleman was simply too small. big guy moved well. very good fighter. another guy who used to post here regularly. i remember when there would be threads and you could find guys like coleman, erikson and randleman all posting. if you wanted to know anything about wrestling and takedowns this forum was gold

it was the guy that installed a/c systems! i remember

erickson by arm bar Phone Post

back in the day, a lot of people considered Big Cat to be the real #1 MMA fighter. they thought he didn't get a title shot because he was bad for the $bottom line$.

Also heard he had a tough time getting fights

yep. it would be hard to find opponents for him.

Ehh...once Heath Herring stood up to him,it was all over.

I remember HH's manager coming on here and boasting about that fight. She got a lot of backlash. That was a big upset at the time. Great win for Heath and a great old school MMA memory.

for his time & the development of MMA, the Big Cat was a beast.

ah, another once valued forum member who no longer posts. Tom was a monster, imagine if he had trained full time, and the money was what it is today...

voorhees - Ehh...once Heath Herring stood up to him,it was all over.

supersonic - Also heard he had a tough time getting fights
lol....

that meme was great.