How hard is it to disappear completely

In Phone Post 3.0

Sub Phone Post 3.0

there was a documentary a while back on how to completely erase yourself and start over...i cant find it through google though

Sub Phone Post

StevetheWeasel -
God damn I was 9 hours too late! Phone Post 3.0

I would imagine it's hard to disappear with wealth.. broke it would be quite easy.

basswork - I'm basically doing that right now, completely severed all social ties and living in solitude Phone Post 3.0
Details? Phone Post 3.0

Much harder than it used to be as official documents are a lot harder to forge and easy to crosscheck databases etc.

Look at whitey bulger.

I think you would have to leave the country Phone Post 3.0

ghost of KVR -

I came across this a couple months ago, thought it was interesting, not sure how accurate it is

can read the rest here

http://imgur.com/a/CQzZE/layout/blog

Whether that is legit or not, it was a very interesting read. I just got done reading the whole thing. Thanks! Phone Post 3.0

Am I the only one considering doing this?

1. To see if I can
And
2. Just in case I have a personal SHTF and need to be in the wind lol Phone Post 3.0

Sub Phone Post

Sub Phone Post 3.0

It's pretty tough, even the first stage, cutting all existing ties (friends, family, work etc) in a way where nobody is going to get suspicious or call in the cops takes serious time and effort, not to mention enough money to live on while becoming a hermit.

I'm not talking new person, ID, birth certificate, etc. I just means not telling people where ain't going, picking up stakes, and leaving for a new city. Is it all but impossible? Phone Post 3.0

There was a Wired author who tried to disappear for a while.

http://www.wired.com/vanish/2009/11/ff_vanish2/#more-859

There was a contest to find him with a cash prize. He eventually got found out, but only because Wired gave him incentives to perform tasks that could get him caught.

you'd need some kind of magic.

In Phone Post 3.0

interesting.....

ttt