How highly do you rate Miletich as a coach?

MFS was ridiculously awesome back in the day.

Hughes
Sylvia
Robbie
Pulver
Horn

Fack!

People moan about Jackson's and Tri-Stars approach to fights or how the killers that go there suddenly became point-fighters, but we never saw that with Pat.

He had the right approach, IMO. Seek & Destroy (IMO). His guys were NEVER in boring fights back then.

But I think guys like Hughes were never destined to be decent strikers, they were what they were and no amount of specific coaching could get them to where they would or their coach would like to be.

He had a phenomenal run and I rate him highly. You?

Best of the best Phone Post 3.0

very good

He's an old school guy.He knows fighting really well but I wouldn't put him in the same league as the best coaches today. Those guys are cutting edge. Militech knows fighting inside and out, but he's not an elite coach these days.

Back when the sport was in the dark ages and fighters had less skill than today, the coaches had less skill too and I don't think he's developed as a coach much since then.

NiceToMeatYou - He's an old school guy.He knows fighting really well but I wouldn't put him in the same league as the best coaches today. Those guys are cutting edge. Militech knows fighting inside and out, but he's not an elite coach these days.

Back when the sport was in the dark ages and fighters had less skill than today, the coaches had less skill too and I don't think he's developed as a coach much since then.
There are indeed fantastic coaches these days. there are also some supposedly elite ones who have never thrown a punch or shot up a sub attempt in a real fight. Pat was a real fighter and a real coach. That makes him better than most, in any era. Phone Post 3.0

I rate him high but never boring? Pat and Jens Pulvers fights were terrible for a long time. They would sprawl on BJJ guys and throw very very few strikes on the feet. Pat even made Macaco boring. His most exciting fights were vs Shonie and Carlos Newton who beat him. Phone Post 3.0

Good but not the best despite gathering a bunch of killers together.

Very high. Phone Post 3.0

I got the impression Jeremy Horn and the other high end fighters acted as coaches with Militech as head coach. Phone Post 3.0

I don't rate him very highly to be honest he had a great run but way more about the guys who were there once the core fell apart he never had the success again Phone Post 3.0

Tony Fryklund
Jason Black
Reinhardt
Lee Murray and Ian Freeman trained there just to name a few more!

Paging green namer Strandman for a response....

Personally, I loved that era when MFS was kicking ass. Coaching has evolved as much as the sport itself, but Pat is one of the original great coaches in this sport. Phone Post 3.0

Good thread! In for knowledge. Interesting point Pulver made in that interview. Phone Post 3.0

For a second I thought we were talking about Edward Snowden and then wondered why Pulvers would be in Russia..

TheImmortalShogun - For a second I thought we were talking about Edward Snowden and then wondered why Pulvers would be in Russia..
Vu guys. Great thread Phone Post 3.0