how hot and talented is this chick?

gregbrady -

also I learned about joseph warren because of this song

my school failed me

Schools are an indoctrination system for the elites. Most teachers aren't smart enough themselves to realize they're a part of it. Some teachers know, but are punished or fired for trying to teach outside of the "code". Yes, your school failed you in more ways than you can imagine.

She’s pretty and I dig the song ok. Not quite sure at what’s so impressive about her talent though. She’s playing some rhythm guitar and harmonizing a bit. Not saying she’s not talented, but if she is, it certainly wasn’t highlighted in this vid.

DavidYorkshire -

I like most types of music.  I enjoyed listening to this.

Thanks OP.

I appreciate all kinds of music.  Giving your kid the ability to play music has to be one of the greatest gifts you can give in life.

you're welcome

I love bluegrass

Target_the_Gash - 
The Last Emperor -
gregbrady -

my school failed me

Schools are an indoctrination system for the elites. Most teachers aren't smart enough themselves to realize they're a part of it. Some teachers know, but are punished or fired for trying to teach outside of the "code". Yes, your school failed you in more ways than you can imagine.

No those are private schools for rich people.

Public schools in the US are merely for sorting to determine which pupils are trainable enough to push buttons at the factory, which ones are smart enough to train to manage those, and which ones are untrainable and not worth wasting further resources on. This is accomplished by inducing some senseless intellectual competitions in a group setting and then verification of observations through standardized testing. The whole thing is syntyhesized into a 'report card' that relevant authorities can use to verify identity and certifications.

After this trainable and docile workers will be sent to the career training center to be instructed on button pushing for their future factory position, highest percentile docile subjects showing apptitude and decent skill at ruthless competition and self promotion will be funneled towards 'masters' programs where they will be trained to manage the button pushers, and a very select few of the brightest will continue on to their Doctorates of Philosophy (Ph.D) where they can remain in state sponsored academia for life, training future generations of button pushers and managing or producing research and researchers to tackle the tricky problems of production of goods in industry. For all the rest that either refuse to conform or are too defective to train for a useful purpose there is prison, but that's fine because it too can be industrialised and run for profit. You have already identified and separated the malcontents and losers long ago and quit squandering society's precious resources on attempting to shape them into something useful to factory owners.

awww, sounds like someone was deemed a part of the untrainable crowd and is upset.

Target_the_Gash -
The Last Emperor -
gregbrady -

my school failed me

No those are private schools for rich people.

Public schools in the US are merely for sorting to determine which pupils are trainable enough to push buttons at the factory, which ones are smart enough to train to manage those, and which ones are untrainable and not worth wasting further resources on. This is accomplished by inducing some senseless intellectual competitions in a group setting and then verification of observations through standardized testing. The whole thing is syntyhesized into a 'report card' that relevant authorities can use to verify identity and certifications.

After this trainable and docile workers will be sent to the career training center to be instructed on button pushing for their future factory position, highest percentile docile subjects showing apptitude and decent skill at ruthless competition and self promotion will be funneled towards 'masters' programs where they will be trained to manage the button pushers, and a very select few of the brightest will continue on to their Doctorates of Philosophy (Ph.D) where they can remain in state sponsored academia for life, training future generations of button pushers and managing or producing research and researchers to tackle the tricky problems of production of goods in industry. For all the rest that either refuse to conform or are too defective to train for a useful purpose there is prison, but that's fine because it too can be industrialised and run for profit. You have already identified and separated the malcontents and losers long ago and quit squandering society's precious resources on attempting to shape them into something useful to factory owners.

This is basically what I meant. You just summed it up rather nicely.

so you guys were taught about Joseph Warren in your school and he was emphazized enough to remember 20 yrs later?

You guys are talking about the chick with the glasses, right?

Just kidding. Seriously though thanks op, I'm from the UK where this music has basically no following/airtime...never thought I'd like this but I'm a fan.

But can she make a sandwich?

mikethecricket -

that was totally unremarkable

This.. Not ugly. But Jesus, certainly not gorgeous either. Kind of a plain Jane. Not thats there's anything wrong with that, but still.

My god, what is going on today. She not even remotely hot. 

Music video I thought she was hot. Second video revealed I was wrong 

ranier wolfcastle - 

i like that shes not caked in makeup and made of  plastic body parts. thumbs up.

their music is far better than hip hop, and requires more talent

You sir have no idea what you’re talking about. She’s ok looking and her music doesn’t have much talent associated with it. But hey, to each his own.

That shit was fuckin terrible.

I wont get that few minutes of my life back.

Doozer12 -

Just kidding. Seriously though thanks op, I'm from the UK where this music has basically no following/airtime...never thought I'd like this but I'm a fan.

do you guys have niche music there? The pogues kind of remind me of bluegrass.

bluegrass had a bit of a revival in the US after the brother where art thou movie in 2000. It was kind of dying as a genre before that. Mostly old ppl, now there's a pretty decent scene in the US. there are bluegrass shows all over. I went t to a blugrass show in 2001 in FL and there was no one there under the age of 65 except my group of friends. I actually went there with my girflrind's grandparents, a few years later I went to one in CO in 2006 and there was noone over the age of 50. average age was probably 24

It takes a lot of talent to play the instruments and ppl, apreciate that

j-money -

I'm sure they have at least one song with someone using a washboard as an instrument.  

Cow Bell IMO

gregbrady -
Doozer12 -

do you guys have niche music there? The pogues kind of remind me of bluegrass.

bluegrass had a bit of a revival in the US after the brother where art thou movie in 2000. It was kind of dying as a genre before that. Mostly old ppl, now there's a pretty decent scene in the US. there are bluegrass shows all over. I went t to a blugrass show in 2001 in FL and there was no one there under the age of 65 except my group of friends. I actually went there with my girflrind's grandparents, a few years later I went to one in CO in 2006 and there was noone over the age of 50. average age was probably 24

It takes a lot of talent to play the instruments and ppl, apreciate that

I used to live in Alaska. One of the highlights of the winter, for me, was the annual Anchorage Folk Festival. Tons of folk, bluegrass, old timey, roots and Irish music spread out over the course of ten days, and all of it for free. Anyone who's never been to a bluegrass or folk festival should check one out sometime, because seeing it and hearing it played live makes a huge difference. Give me a great fiddle or mandolin player any day. Heck, I'll even listen to a banjo if the player is good. 

She’s a pretty gal, I especially like her WFA haircut.