How is Comrade Jeff Monson liking Russia?

Just curious how Jeff Munson is liking his new country.  I am genuinely curious.  Does he speak Russian?  Is it a hard language to pick up?  I guess he trane UFC and bom for money.

Is there social security in mother Russia?  When Jeff gets old and can't roll will he get a few rubles for food and rent?

I wonder if and chops will try to follow.

2 Likes

IN for answers- the OG needs to know

In. 

Russian isn't as bad to pick up as maybe its reputation says it is. It's a lot like German in that the grammar has a lot in common, though Russian as more case systems. The grammar can be challenging.

It's still an indo-European language, but I think the Cyrillic alphabet that makes it seem more intimidating than it really is. You learn that in a day and never really think twice about it after that.

It's switching cases that's the hardest to get to gripes with as you learn. I put it as a more difficult German in terms of learning.

He moved out there a while ago didnt he? If he's still there I assume he likes it

invalid - Russian isn't as bad to pick up as maybe its reputation says it is. It's a lot like German in that the grammar has a lot in common, though Russian as more case systems. The grammar can be challenging.

It's still an indo-European language, but I think the Cyrillic alphabet that makes it seem more intimidating than it really is. You learn that in a day and never really think twice about it after that.

It's switching cases that's the hardest to get to gripes with as you learn. I put it as a more difficult German in terms of learning.

I was surprised how much more difficult German was to learn than Spanish. Of course, Spanish is a pretty damn easy language to learn, though.

TheDorkKnight -

He moved out there a while ago didnt he? If he's still there I assume he likes it

So Monson could just come back if the whole fuck America thing didn’t work out?

Maybe he needs medical care and doesn’t like waiting in line for days

invalid - Russian isn't as bad to pick up as maybe its reputation says it is. It's a lot like German in that the grammar has a lot in common, though Russian as more case systems. The grammar can be challenging.

Yeah that's pretty much what Mr Bald is saying

Jeff's doing just fine as far as I know, he's MoP in the Moscow Region

Wiggy -
invalid - Russian isn't as bad to pick up as maybe its reputation says it is. It's a lot like German in that the grammar has a lot in common, though Russian as more case systems. The grammar can be challenging.

I was surprised how much more difficult German was to learn than Spanish. Of course, Spanish is a pretty damn easy language to learn, though.

German was really really hard. I should have taken Spanish, lol. Even with no training at all my Spanish is better than my German.

touch -
invalid - Russian isn't as bad to pick up as maybe its reputation says it is. It's a lot like German in that the grammar has a lot in common, though Russian as more case systems. The grammar can be challenging.

Yeah that's pretty much what Mr Bald is saying

I think he has a pretty interesting aproach there.  I didn't really have the luxery of ignoring grammar since I came from a college setting.  We drilled that shit constantly.   I ended up studying abroad there and the difference between a setting and a live conversational setting is night and day.  I know that sounds obvious but it's true, and even at the time I felt like the focus being so much on the grammar kind of put us behind in terms of skill and preparedness for being immersed in the language. 

I have a feeling the answer is probably somewhere in the middle, though.

Very doubtful he's living life as a real Russian. He's probably being pampered and given special treatment.

Soul Gravy - Very doubtful he's living life as a real Russian. He's probably being pampered and given special treatment.

Him and Snowden.  I see  pattern here Ed Snowden,  and Jeff "Snowman" Monson.  If they can get Chuck Liddell they would have a big coup.

1 Like