How is Lister/Horn not a main event?

Just my opinion of course, but how are 2 of the world's elite MMA grappler's not headlining TUF fight night instead of TUF scrubs?

Horn is my all time favorite fighter, but I can't say this fight should be a main event. I just hope it gets shown.

Because Horn/Lister could be boring to the casual fan. We all know someone is getting knocked out between Grove/Tanner.

"Just my opinion of course, but how are 2 of the world's elite MMA grappler's not headlining TUF fight night instead of TUF scrubs?"

You gotta be kidding me... Lister has had several boring and poor performances in the UFC, and neither is ranked anywhere.

Grove/Tanner should not be main event either.

Exactly, how is this former KOTC fight which was considered somewhat uneventful by most fans not a UFC MAIN EVENT, especially now that the sport is mainstream and both Horn and Lister have been largely inactive for the last few years?

It should be Tanner vs Horn and Lister vs Grove that way all 4 are on TV and they are good match ups.imo

The KOTC fight was a damn good fight.

I dont agree with all the slamming on Horn, I'm just saying I dont think its a main event fight. I'd be very happy if they show the fight, Im looking forward to it.

It might be a main event in a local org but not UFC

Original post is right on. I can't believe that fight isn't on the card!

main event should just be CB vs. Amir...thats what the finale is all about, kinda dumb.

My thinking about this is that there are vastly different fan bases when it comes to MMA in general. There are the younger fans who want to see celebrity fighters and there are the old guard who want to see stylistic match-ups. A three, five minute round fight between Lister and Horn is far more intriguing to me then most of the other fights on the card. I find this fight very compelling and if there's no KO, and no definitive winner, then I still get to see fifteen minutes of world class grappling. There's nothing about Matt Riddle Vs. Dante Rivera or Josh Burkman Vs. Dustin Hazelett that screams world class to me. I'm sure they'll all be entertaining, but putting Horn/Lister on the unaired under card seems somehow sad to me when you put it in that light.

great fighters, not so great entertainers...

because the match up doesnt make for an entertaining fight great Jiu Jitsu match.

Also when was the last time Horn beat anyone worth while

Cause contendership went bye bye along the way.

"how is this former KOTC fight which was considered somewhat uneventful by most fans"

well, if your speaking for most fans then 'Most fans' dont know shit cause that was an awsome match

The Boogie Man is too scary for TV.

Noobs want to see 2 guys throwing haymakers. A ground fight is alien to these cretins.

Because Lister has been lackluster and boring in his last couple fights.

both fighters are at their best and most exciting when faced with an aggressive opponent... personally I'm excited for the match but concede it could resemble a grappling match where a fight broke out...