How is Sonnen the betting favorite vs. Shogun?

Sonnen's last win at LHW was against 17-6, coming off a loss Alex Stiebling in 2004. Phone Post

dudefromisrael - 

Sonnen's last win at LHW was against 17-6, coming off a loss Alex Stiebling in 2004. Phone Post

Shogun has questionable cardio, doesn't use his legkicks anymore, and is on the downslide of his career. His last opponent also took him down at will, and Sonnen, when not overwhelmed, can go 3 hard rounds.

That said, I think people confuse Sonnen @ 185 vs Sonnen @ 205. Sonnen can out-grind guys at 185 like Bisping, or just overwhelm them like Marquardt & Stann. At 205, it's unproven if he can duplicate those showings.

Also, Shogun's BJJ from the bottom is pretty slick. He was able to control Vera from the top and make Gustafsson think twice while on bottom.

Wrestling. He'll most likely take shogun down and grind out a decision. Its not like hes a huge favorite though. Just slightly

takedowns

Isn't this 5 rounds as it is the main event? Only thing that helps Sonnen if it is.

The bookies called Chael and asked him if he'd like to be the favorite or underdog. Phone Post 3.0

Nicknitro - Cause Shogun is nowhere near the fighter he once was..

I guess it must come down to this at the end of the day in terms of an argument. But how far down is he VS the fighter that beat Machida?

In any case I was happy about the line, this would be Sonnens biggest win ever. Shogun has a great guard and has swept better with ease. IMO dreams of Sonnen's best win and him being a contender @ LHW to be swept away with no issue. Further IMO this will end via a stoppage without exception IMO too.

Major leaguer X a minor leaguer.

People have forgotten that Chael loses to every single guy with a dangerous submission game I guess. I got Shogun wherever the fight goes.

If he keeps it standing, Chael won't last a round on the feet and if it goes to the ground I think Shogun will work some sort of leglock to seal the deal. I heard one of Shogun's heelhook attempts on Gus resulted in him being in a knee brace for a while or something? Not sure if that's true or not though.

Chael won't get finished by slowgun. he barely managed to finish Vera and that fight was almost entirely on the feet, Chael won't be stupid. Chael via UD

Shogun can't defend takedowns and looks to be way passed his prime. Phone Post

The Brool Story Company - 

Chael won't get finished by slowgun. he barely managed to finish Vera and that fight was almost entirely on the feet, Chael won't be stupid. Chael via UD

Vera is 10 times the striker Chael could even wish to be. Even if he lost his way somewhat since bursting onto the scene back in 2006.

Rambo John J - I just made the line move bros.

I bet 100 on Rua at +200 to finish inside the distance.

Tried to place another bet and the line was +180 to finish.

Felt good bros.

Not as good as the money will make me feel but pretty damn good.

Poor lil chale.

You made one line move on one site on a prop bet. Phone Post

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

Shogun can't defend takedowns and looks to be way passed his prime. Phone Post

The only guy to ever manage to hold Shogun down for an extended period of time is JBJ, and we all know JBJ is so much of a better fighter than Chael that it's not even funny.

I think people like yourself will be surprised at how Shogun is able to get the fight back to the feet using his crafty, unorthodox bottom game.

Shogun sucks now Phone Post 3.0

Style matchup purely

because the world owes me money and this is an easy way for me to make it.

Leck Brosnar - Isn't this 5 rounds as it is the main event? Only thing that helps Sonnen if it is.

have you seen hendo vs rua? 5rnds favours shogun imo Phone Post

jmont - 
Leck Brosnar - Isn't this 5 rounds as it is the main event? Only thing that helps Sonnen if it is.

have you seen hendo vs rua? 5rnds favours shogun imo Phone Post

Hendo fight was pretty slow though, they were just blasting each other in the face. I think it takes a bit more of your cardio when you're defending takedowns and scrambling at a very tough pace(if it even gets to the later rounds).

The problem with betting on Shogun fights is that you can never be sure which Rua is going to show up.

The one that got taken down repeatedly by a gassed Coleman or was finished by Forrest would be steamed by Chael.

A healthy Shogun on the other hand is a great bet, particularly if the fight is 5 rounds. Phone Post 3.0

What makes everyone think Shogun is so dangerous from his guard? I mean how many subs does he have? 1? And I know he has good sweeps y'all but A wrestler of Chael's caliber isn't gonna get swept. He'll use it to pass Phone Post 3.0