How is this HOF worthy?

Never led the NFL in rushing yards

Never led the NFL in rushing TD

Never led the NFL in YPC

Never a top 5 at his position at any point

Eclipsed 1250 yards just once in his career

Zero All Pro Teams

Who we talkin bout Willis?

kingofpancakes - Who we talkin bout Willis?

Frank Gore

Ahhh....Hmmm maybe.....

He has a 2nd team all pro & was top 5 at his position in like 06’ . But idk if hof worthy

1 Like

He only eclipsed 1250 yards once, but was over 1000 9 times, would have been 10 if he didn't miss a few games one season, which was a rarity for Frank, who was a workhorse back for a long time.  He isn't flashy, but he was consistently good for a long time and a back you could depend on getting carries and tough yards from 

4 Likes

Can he get an honorary iron man type award?  Not hall of fame, but maybe hall of tough son of a bitch.

1 Like

OP, I'm not being an asshole, I swear, but How could you not have his name in the thread title or the OP?

1 Like

Adrian Street -
kingofpancakes - Who we talkin bout Willis?

Frank Gore

I don’t think he’s in... however there is something to be said for longevity... especially at his position and in his sport 

he’s good enough and healthy enough to play for all these years and gain all those total yards and still be productive 

that’s part of being great. 

if you’re going to make durability a negative for making the hall (didn’t play long enough due to injury) then when someone plays longer than average .. it has to be a plus when looking at induction 

It's going to be really hard to keep Frank out of the HOF when you let Terrell Davis in for basically 3 seasons of top level production.  Yes, TD was the best back in football for 3 seasons and won a couple Super Bowls, but you can't give him a pass due to injuries shortening his career and penalize Frank for basically being indestructible for a dozen years and producing at a high level 

2 Likes

kingofpancakes - OP, I'm not being an asshole, I swear, but How could you not have his name in the thread title or the OP?

I wanted guys to go off his credentials, not his name

grizz632 - 

He only eclipsed 1250 yards once, but was over 1000 9 times, would have been 10 if he didn't miss a few games one season, which was a rarity for Frank, who was a workhorse back for a long time.  He isn't flashy, but he was consistently good for a long time and a back you could depend on getting carries and tough yards from 

1000 yards is basically 66 yards per game. Not that impressive

1 Like

Adrian Street - 
kingofpancakes - OP, I'm not being an asshole, I swear, but How could you not have his name in the thread title or the OP?

I wanted guys to go off his credentials, not his name

ahhh

I remember people saying the same shit about Curtis Martin. 

In a league that has marginalized and minimized the careers of running backs, he's been playing for 15 years. 

1 Like

3rd all time rushing yards. If he plays two more seasons he could definitely pass Walter Payton for 2nd. He's no question a hall of famer. 

3 Likes

I would take no issue with either of them going into the hall of fame.

DaveFu - 

In a league that has marginalized and minimized the careers of running backs, he's been playing for 15 years. 

did you look at curtis martin stats before posting?

spjackson77 - 

3rd all time rushing yards. If he plays two more seasons he could definitely pass Walter Payton for 2nd. He's no question a hall of famer. 

And boom goes the dynamite. He's in.

1 Like

Adrian Street -
grizz632 - 

1000 yards is basically 66 yards per game. Not that impressive

What is impressive then? Why do you completely ignore his receiving stats?

DaveFu - 

Curtis had a few really good years. I'm just saying that it different eras mean different stats. Wide Recievers had it rough for a good 60-70 years. QBs are expected to have much better stats than even the best players of yester year.