How long after herniating disc to roll again?

Back in April I jacked my back up. Had the intense sciatica and all that. Months later... after much ice, ibuprofen, and strengthening of the affected area, I've started working out fairly hard again. I'm probably %90 now and have been doing my boxing & lifting without too much trouble (I do feel really stiff afterwards but that could be from being out of shape too) but have been scared to try rolling yet.

Any of you who have hurt yourself this way have any advice on how to know when I'm ready to try rolling again? I packed my bag and everything last week but chickened out at the last second. Am I being a pussy? Or are my fears justified? Any advice is appreciated.

i herniated 2-discs in my upper cervical spine in 2001. i was out for 2 months. i went to cheesy physical therapy & was on various meds to deal w/the initial pain etc. went back after about 6-7 weeks.

in `07 i re-injured the same area. went back to my doctors, got on the meds as the pain was intense. went to a spinal surgeon but decided against surgery based on the surgeons recommendation and was back grappling after about 2-months.

been fine since.

1 hour

By a book (amazon.com) called 'Healing Back Pain' by Dr. John Sarno. This book and yoga have changed my life.

Kostakio -  By a book (amazon.com) called 'Healing Back Pain' by Dr. John Sarno. This book and yoga have changed my life.

I'll check that out. Thanks.

It literally cost me 50 cents to buy this book (used). I now recommend to everyone.

Keep doing the things mentioned above but add Inversion Therapy.

Think about it...when you hang upside down all of the Gravity that is exerted on your back all day wether sitting or standing (laying down is just neutral) is reversed relieving pressure on your bulging disc. This worked better than any chiropractic treatment and made me want to beat by Chiroprators ass for not telling me about it.

Go to Academy and buy a $100 inversion table. It was the best 100 bucks I ever spent.

I didn't really have room for it in my apartment so I donated mine to my gym and get a good stretch before and after I roll.