How long before you're cancelled?

Let’s say something happened and you became massively famous overnight. How long would you be famous before youd be cancelled?

I personally wouldnt last long at all. Maybe a few hours before I was caught on camera calling someone a fag for wearing a bicycle helmet (then refusing to apologize).

I also harbor all kinds of other dislikes and resentments that would earn me all kinds of hate from both sides of the isle. And I’m stupid enough to voice these opinions :joy:

2 Likes

Dead Silence GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

1 Like

I would be cancelled before anyone ever heard of me.

5 Likes

People would find my “Pics to troll SJW” thread and I’d be hunted down for being a Nazi.

8 Likes

It would be immediate because I have no tolerance for the idiocy of modern pop culture.

3 Likes

It seems like the only people that get canceled are the ones that apologize… don’t do that and you’ll make it!

1 Like

Anyone who’s posted on the forum for any amount of time would get cancelled if traced back to them in real life.

But at the same time I think a lot of people are sick of cancel culture and so long as you don’t apologize and give in, you can come out the other side fine.

1 Like

I wouldn’t have any sexual stuff come up but if they ever found my Twitter from 20010 until 2015 it would be ugly.

I would be labeled a homophobic racist.

1 Like

Assuming you’re a straight white male, you’re already labeled that.

2 Likes

This one’s a little close to home…

I’m actually somewhat well known IRL.

Not a celebrity, obviously, but I’ve had a job in the public eye for the last few years; I’m the CA State Director for The American Nazi Party.

IF something “scandalous” were to come out that hurt me personally and was a threat to my job and by extension The American Nazi Party, I would --of course-- be devastated. A thoughtless tweet or an out of context joke can have a catastrophic effect, years later.

I HOPE I have never done anything to embarrass The American Nazi Party, but if something did come back to haunt me, I would face it head on. --What else can you do…?

6 Likes

you can only be cancelled if you give a fuck.

Mel Gibson was the most hated guy in Hollywood after his drunk rant then hes like oh yeah fuck you here is Jesus getting the shit beat out of him for 3 hours by heebs gimme a billion dollars beyotch

1 Like

I would hold press conferences and hit some of my famous clapbacks on all kinds of queers.

God I wish I had the pull to call press conferences whenever I wanted. I may not last long, but my white ass would burn fast and burn bright.

1 Like

20 minutes

1 Like

As a goddam dirty lib, I may last a bit longer than the average OGer before I am inevitably cancelled because of something I said 30 odd years ago.

1 Like

Back in my day, no meant yes and yes meant anal. Never had a girl say no and not eventually say ok fine, but I never had written consent so by today’s standards, I’d be fucked.

But I have absolutely no desire to be famous and would fight becoming so with everything I had.

1 Like

Gettin a little rapey up in here.

2 Likes

Video Ted GIF

1 Like

Animated GIF

2 Likes

It’s the same strategy for dealing with women. Never apologize, because once you start - you’ll never be allowed to stop. RARE exceptions to this rule, such as accidentally running over a girl’s cat or jizzing in her hair right before class picture day.

5 Likes

TBH…not very long, unless I wiped all social media accounts immediately.

1 Like