How long before Zuffa...

kills Bellator.
Bellator seems to be a good start-up outfit. They're trying to have a show every week (like UFC). I say they won't survive to the end of the year. The key to existing with the UFC is to make NO money. The second you start to make real money the Vegas mobsters will bury you in the desert!

fiercedragon - zuffa has never killed any org, they suicide...overpaying,overproduction,underadvertising,overhyping...

Haha

fiercedragon - zuffa has never killed any org, they suicide...overpaying,overproduction,underadvertising,overhyping...
qft

fiercedragon is pretty much correct.  Of course it understates how tremendously difficult it is to make money in MMA promoting in the first place, but in the tightrope walk that it is, most promoters fall off themselves.

Bellator has thusfar done some really smart things and gotten a lot for their money.  By structuring big prizes for the tournament winners, they could attract some big names while not having to pay them huge for every bout.  That was smart.  Next season they'll have even more quality fighters lining up, because even in the UFC few fighters have the opportunity to make $175,000 + sponsorships for 3 fights.

With an ESPN deal in their pocket, and a season's worth of experience to polish up the production/promotion, Bellator really does control their own destiny.

Plus, when you're doing a show a week, you really can't be counterprogrammed or messed with in any major way.  I'm sure the commissions are happy because they're providing some real revenue in some states that don't host a lot of big MMA.  Bellator will succeed of fail on their own. 

Bellator seems to have a smart business model. I think they will be able to survive.

I pretty much agree with Fiercedragon. Other companies have overspent on fighter pay. I think the UFC has put most of their money into production which has kept them around.

You are clueless if you think Zuffa didn't do everything in their power to kill Elite XC, and is doing the same with Affliction.