How Long Can King Leon’s Reign Last?

What is your opinion?
Can “Rocky” beat the best the welterweight division has to offer?

Covington, Cumshot, Muhammad, Burns, Rakhmonov & FINALLY #11 RANKED JORGE MASVIDAL!

lol DOES ANYONE BELIEVE MASVIDAL “deserves” THE NEXT SHOT?!? C’mon bro…
:sunglasses:

He doesn’t want to fight anyone that’s an actual contender so I guess the answer is his reign lasts years or months.

Depends how long Dana wants to let this stupid game go on.

Dana really needs to rein in his adult children for once.

2 Likes

A big question is how much was Leon affected by elevation in the last fight? It could explain why he did much better this time around or it could be that Usman fell off in 6 months.

It’s a personal beef that nerds to be handled. I prefer this match up to the Covington fight.

2 Likes

Good call.

Maybe there’s a kid he didn’t get along with in grade school too.

Might as well settle that beef now that he’s champ!

OR we could treat this like a sport, or whatever is left of sport, and stop devolving into Dana’s circus of nonsense.

1 Like

If it’s a sport then Belal is the clearcut contender.

I don’t like this current rankings system where a guy loses a title shot and then gets to keep his ranking for years as long as he doesn’t lose to anyone other than the champ and can just duck fights to keep that 2 next to his name. Just because he was there first.

Colby hasn’t fought a top 5 fighter in 5 years and Masvidal is his only win that is even relevant today. In a serious ranking system he’d be below Khamzat, Burns, and Belal and would have to fight one of those guys to earn another title shot.

1 Like

i like the fact that a fighter is attempting to overpower the ufc. i’m curious to see what happens. i do believe covington is next.

i do believe the cardio of usman presently is incomparable to the usman of past.

2 Likes

same

1 Like

dana will be out soon! i hope!

1 Like

no way belal is the #1 contender. he beat thompson with wrestling, vicente with wrestling and small amount of striking that was surprising and recently beat brady who is nowhere close or was he ever close to the title shot honestly. his striking against brady was better. how the hell has his performances shown #1 contender status? i don’t believe belal believes he “deserves” the next shot! also don’t forget if the ufc don’t want it then they ain’t going to have it.

1 Like

Just line them up :smile:

2 Likes

I don’t.

This record has been played.

This isn’t a case of bettering the UFC or conditions for others.

This is yet another brand new champ whining as fast as possible after winning the title and turning down the highest ranked contender while asking for grudge matches with bums that are nowhere near the top.

If it was Dana trying to force a Conman McFelon fight and the champ said “I refuse, this guy hasn’t earned it and I want to face the top contenders instead” then that is way different. But Leon is doing the opposite of that.

That last thing I would ever want is some kind of fighter empowerment where champs can fight whoever they feel like and never face the ranked contenders.

The ONE fight that should never be possible to reject as a champ is against the top contender. Whether you agree with the rank or not, that’s what it is there for.

Belal is on an 8 fight win streak, 4 top 10 wins, 2 of them top 5 wins. He absolutely deserves it and you’re a clown if you’re arguing otherwise. He has a stronger case than Leon did.