How long did it take you to bench 225 lbs?

The two plates a side is sort of a milestone for most lifters. Visual gratification for all the hard work you put in. How long did it take you to put those four plates and do a set like a boss?

Because of my crap ass physical genetics, it took me slightly under 2 years. I was 6'1" with barely an ounce of muscle on me. When I started working out I was only benching 75 lbs. I was the antithesis of MrFluffyHippo.

How long did it take you to reach the milestone? Phone Post 3.0

7 months Phone Post 3.0

I think it took me about a year or so. I doubt I could do it now, though.

not long but I weigh 245 so that's not a great accomplishment lol.

About tree fiddy Phone Post

Started with two plates and did 3 sets of 10. Then went to 225 and did 3 sets of 8 and the 315 3 sets of 6. But I rarely benched. I preferred dumbbell presses. Phone Post 3.0

~10 months if I remember correctly

About 3 months after I started lifting heavily. I was 16 and weighed about 165.

That was a long time ago, though. I'd have trouble with the bar now.

About a year to get a set of 10 Phone Post

No offense but 2 years to get to 225 is sad, you should probably do jazzercize. Phone Post

Probably about a year and a half. But after that I made a huge jump and got to 300 within the next 6 months Phone Post

14 years...old.

All at once?

I warm up with 225 but yeah it took me nearly 2 years of steady training. Helps that I'm short also helps that I OG it adds a good 20-30lbs to your bench Phone Post 3.0

Just once? I just started lifting bench again like a month ago after not really benching for a year. I think I should be able to lift 225 at least once right now since I'm doing 185x10 and 205x6 or 7. Haven't tried though. I'm 6 foot 235. Phone Post 3.0

SoupCan - I warm up with 225 but yeah it took me nearly 2 years of steady training. Helps that I'm short also helps that I OG it adds a good 20-30lbs to your bench Phone Post 3.0
Thanks! I was starting to feel like shit! I have long arms too, so I'm moving the bar more. That's also part of my rationalization!

I am pretty much stuck at 275 now for my max. Work, family, and age are all severe deterrents from breaking new ground... Phone Post 3.0

Took me years of lifting.  at 6'2" 195ish I was able to get a set of 10 with 225 pounds....  

I have long arms though which makes it difficult.

Also I later realized chicks don't care how much you can bench.  Now I just do lots of pushups and curls with 20 pound dumbbells.

Shit I just hit 225 a few weeks ago. I've been lifting for awhile now. I can go heard in the paint on dumbbell presses but for some reason the bench is difficult for me. Maybe I have bad form? Phone Post 3.0

Couldn't tell you since I work out off and on, mostly off, but I'm 5 '5 and just worked my way to 265. I can tell you that I feel great though ;) Phone Post 3.0