How long do you cook your steak?

I cooked my best steak tonight, total cook time of 1 minute & 30 seconds. 30 flip 30 flip 15 flip 15. Roommate says I will die from e coli, I say hes a pussy.

Please move to right forum for me one of you assholes

Well WFA.

How thick of a cut was it, and what kind of cut?

You don't need to flip it so many times. Flip it once. Don't forget to let it rest for about five minutes before you go cutting into it.

I don't cook it, I sear it about 2-3 mins a side, flipping once..

Then spend the next 5-10 min eating it while forcing everyone in the room to look at it and respect how perfectly pink/brown it is! Phone Post

I cook it till it's weally fucken ashy Phone Post 3.0

with a typical 1" steak, I sear for about 4-5 mins per side. Only flip once. That is at around 600 degrees

I like how sagiv said it once:

I put it on a plate and walk it through a warm room. Phone Post 3.0

I put it on the grill with WFA sauce for WFA minutes

2 and 2 Phone Post 3.0

I like my steak medium so depending on how thick it is i cook it about 3/4 mins to wrong forum asshole both sides Phone Post 3.0

I cook it the way Bobby Flay said during one of his shows: high heat 1 minute on one side and 4 minutes on the other. Done. Perfect and rare. Phone Post

JROTT - 

Then spend the next 5-10 min eating it while forcing everyone in the room to look at it and respect how perfectly pink/brown it is! Phone Post

I do the exact same thing.

cut piece

"Just look at that, seriously. No, I mean really look at it. That was like a glance. Ok, now look. See how perfect that is?"

I go 4 and 4 and then I lather it up with some wrong forum asshole.

UGCTT_painbringer -

i cook it in the right forum you asshole

and this aint it... asshole

I cook in the why don't you cry about it forum, and steaks can't be cooked by time because there are different cuts which require different length of cooking... Phone Post 3.0

cdmontgo - How thick of a cut was it, and what kind of cut?

You don't need to flip it so many times. Flip it once. Don't forget to let it rest for about five minutes before you go cutting into it.
VU. It only needs to flip once. You have a "presentation" side and a cooking side. Make the grids on a steak by rotating it from 10 to 2, then flip steak and let it cook Phone Post 3.0

In before pesky breaks it down for OP. Phone Post

This thread literally just inspired me to go and buy a steak for dinner.

As Deniro said in Raging Bull, if you overcook a steak it defeats its own purpose.

It's more convincing if you're wearing a wife beater, but you get the idea.

JROTT - 

HAHA, I did this earlier tonight!