How long for you to grow into your black belt?

How long did it take you to feel like that bad boy around your waist absolutely belonged there? Phone Post 3.0

Against world class guys? Never. Against most normal guys that aren't high level competition guys, then I'm at ease with my skills Phone Post 3.0

In competition - took me about 3yrs. But it was also during the time I trained the least. Immediately after getting my black belt I started teaching, so I could only train 2x a week instead of 4x. I got lazy to train on the weekends, too. I think if you maintain your current training regime it might be shorter?

Lol if a white belt made this thread about blue belt it would be "just Fuckin train and don't worry about belts!!!" Phone Post 3.0

CUO is a recently promoted  black belt .  If a recently promoted blue belt asked that question I would have given him my experience after getting promoted to blue. It would be different if CUO were still a brown belt asking how long it would take for him to get a black belt. 

Wutang -

CUO is a recently promoted  black belt .  If a recently promoted blue belt asked that question I would have given him my experience after getting promoted to blue. It would be different if CUO were still a brown belt asking how long it would take for him to get a black belt. 

It's been 4 years Phone Post 3.0

day 1. only thing odd for me was standing in front of class for the start and end of it along with the other black belts.

also annoyed me having the random student on occassion call me professor.

i realized sometime around when i got my brown belt that there is a huge range at all the belt levels especially now at days where standards are seemingly lower. every jackass these days gets a black belt just for showing up. no im not that guy but i also know i didnt buy my black belt. i know there guys i can beat, guys who can beat me, and guys who can smash me. thats never going to change. so fuck it honestly.

Wutang -

I know I'm just playing Phone Post 3.0

checkuroil - 
Wutang -

It's been 4 years Phone Post 3.0

your bjj one? I'm losing my mind or getting REALLY old and time is going faster than I think it is.

Easters - 
Wutang -

I know I'm just playing Phone Post 3.0

I lack a sense of humor sometimes. :-\ sorry to be so serious.

Eddie gave me my black 4-21-11.

I'm still a gi brown. Phone Post 3.0

checkuroil - Eddie gave me my black 4-21-11.

I'm still a gi brown. Phone Post 3.0

Got it. I thought you were asking in the gi. My bad.

TheBearStare - day 1. only thing odd for me was standing in front of class for the start and end of it along with the other black belts.

also annoyed me having the random student on occassion call me professor.

i realized sometime around when i got my brown belt that there is a huge range at all the belt levels especially now at days where standards are seemingly lower. every jackass these days gets a black belt just for showing up. no im not that guy but i also know i didnt buy my black belt. i know there guys i can beat, guys who can beat me, and guys who can smash me. thats never going to change. so fuck it honestly.

Lol. I like those last two sentences. Phone Post