How long have you fasted?

7 days

We have a thread here for water fasting. Some of us made it to 14 days

4 Likes

There’s a pretty big thread on this.

Personally, 5 days and 3 days this year… still going for a week later this year.

Some 14 day OGers on the list.

2 Likes

1 Like

It was just Yom Kippur. So, 25 hours. Do that twice a year (Yom Kippur, Tisha Ba’av) unless I’m sick. No food or water. Food is easy, water is what gets you. Then a few daylight hour fasts throughout the year.

Did 86 hours last week. Trying to shed the last of the chub. Started 16/8 in June, lost 13 first month then 7 more in July on a 5.5 day water. Did another 3.5 day last week and hanging in at 163 right now from 183 when I started. So water weight is back and still 20 lbs under June weight.

6 Likes

You have fasted longer, guaranteed.

i have fasted for 24 hours but then ate 2000 calories in one shot.

1 Like

SN checks out…

1 Like

5 days. I could go longer but it takes a special mindset. Kinda like dropping acid. You better be ready for the ride.

3 Likes

13 days earlier this year. 11 days last year.

2 Likes

8 days because of the Water Fasting thread.

4 Likes

8 days as well, inspired by same thread

3 Likes

5 days last month as part of the OG water fast challenge. It’s not for me but I did lose 10lbs so can’t really complain.

2 Likes

I had a bit of a freak out when I got to college. Apparently eating disorders can manifest from high stress. I didn’t realize what I was doing and eating disorders weren’t really recognized in men back then. I fasted 14-16 days and ran 5 miles every day. After that I ate a handful of baby carrots once a day for two months still while running. Dropped something like 50 lb in the first 6 weeks.
Recently did a 12 day fast, along with the other OGers. I posted a day by day in the water fast thread. Both were because I got too fat.

2 Likes

I eat healthy and have been losing at least a pound per day by fasting from 5pm - 9am.

I usually cheat on Saturday and put a few back on, but by Tuesday I’m back to losing weight.

I don’t think I’d ever want to try anything beyond that.

30 days. Distilled water only. As the kiddies say these days, no cap.

1 Like

I made it 8 days this summer

3 Likes

Holy shit that is intense!

1 Like

I went through a rough patch where I wouldn’t eat until I had an excruciating headache and cracks started to form at the corners of my mouth and between my fingers.

Then I’d eat trash like Steak & Shake, McD’s or Arby’s.

36 hours, long enough to be in the autophagy state for a good amount of time. i need to do it more often honestly.

1 Like