How long till the left ruins Mars colonization?

Meohfumado -
Cire -
Zeekman -

Lol Kennedy pressed for and escalated space travel. Also provided NASA with a big budget at the time. We wouldn’t even be this far if not for “the left”. Are you seriously this fucking stupid?

in today’s political arena, JFK would be slightly right of center.   He would hate the left.  

"Ask not what your country can do for you...."

Yeah, that definitely doesn't sound progressive.

You want to play the quote game?

”I’d be very happy to tell them I’m not a liberal at all…I’m not comfortable with those people”

-JFK

. We want prosperity and in a free enterprise system there can be no prosperity without profit.

We want a growing economy and there can be no growth without the investment that is inspired and financed by profit.

We want to maintain our natural security and other essential programs and we will have little revenue to finance them unless there is profit.

We want to improve our balance of payments without reducing our commitments abroad, and we cannot increase our export surplus, which we must, without modernizing our plants through profit…In short, our primary challenge is not how to divide the economic pie, but how to enlarge it

This administration intends to cut taxes in order to build the fundamental strength of our economy, to remove a serious barrier to long-term growth, to increase incentives by routing out inequities and complexities and to prevent the even greater budget deficit that a lagging economy would otherwise surely produce.

The worst deficit comes from a recession, and if we can take the proper action in the proper time, this can be the most important step we could take to prevent another recession. That is the right kind of tax cut both for your family budget and the national budget…

Every dollar released from taxation that is spent or invested will help create a new job and a new salary. And these new jobs and new salaries can create other jobs and other salaries and more customers and more growth for an expanding American economy.

If it is in the public interest to maintain an industry, it is clearly not in the public interest by the impact of regulatory authority to destroy its otherwise viable way of life

Exactly...not progressive.

The ever expanding power of the federal government, the absorption of many of the functions that states and cities once considered to be responsibilities of their own, must now be a source of concern to all those who believe as did the great patriot, Henry Grattan that: “Control over local affairs is the essence of liberty.

CokeZero - I give it 3 or 4 generations before Earth stops sending their best people.

Did I miss where we already started sending people to mars?

The American character has been not only religious, idealistic, and patriotic, but because of these it has been essentially individual.

“Now, on the question of limiting population: As you know the Japanese have been doing it very vigorously, through abortion, which I think would be repugnant to all Americans.”

During Kennedy's reign, spending increases were concentrated on the military, the defense budget rose 20% and he boasted that he had “doubled the number of nuclear weapons available in the strategic alert forces” as well as “increased the tactical nuclear forces deployed in Europe by over 60%.”

In a 1961 message to Congress on regulation, Kennedy spoke of the job-creating value of natural gas pipelines and asked Congress to change the law to exempt more pipelines and gas producers from federal regulations.

On July 4, 1946, he said America had been “strengthened by Christian morality” and criticized “the cynical philosophy of many of our intellectuals.” On Jan. 29, 1950, at Notre Dame, he said, “The ever expanding power of the federal government, the absorption of many of the functions that states and cities once considered to be the responsibilities of their own, must now be a source of concern to all those who believe as did the Irish Patriot, Henry Grattan: ‘Control over local affairs is the essence of liberty.’”

The Chicago Tribunereported Kennedy’s election to the Senate in 1952 by describing him as a “fighting conservative.” 

A campaign staffer and congressional aide, William Sutton, described Kennedy’s political stance in the 1946 campaign as “almost ultraconservative.” “He was more conservative than anything else,” said a Navy friend of Kennedy’s, James Reed, who went on to serve as assistant Treasury secretary in the Kennedy administration. Kennedy’s speechwriter and longtime aide, Ted Sorensen, said, “Kennedy was a fiscal conservative. Most of us and the press and historians have, for one reason or another, treated Kennedy as being much more liberal than he so regarded himself at the time… in fiscal matters, he was extremely conservative, very cautious about the size of the budget.”

Zeekman -

Lol Kennedy pressed for and escalated space travel. Also provided NASA with a big budget at the time. We wouldn’t even be this far if not for “the left”. Are you seriously this fucking stupid?

NASA failed and squandered any opportunity they had.  This is being done by private Enterprise. In fact a private business now ferries NASA astronauts to orbit because the federal space agency doesn't have a vehicle that can facilitate launch to orbit.  Oh and by the way, the private company does it for A FRACTION OF THE COST.  

There's zero value in sending idiots to Mars.  And SJWs aren't fucking this one up.  

I don't think we can undo the past. In fact, the past is going to be with us for a good many years in uneducated men and women who lost their chance for a decent education. We have to do the best we can now. That is what we are trying to do. I don't think quotas are a good idea. I think it is a mistake to begin to assign quotas on the basis of religion or race -- color -- nationality. . . . On the other hand, I do think that we ought to make an effort to give a fair chance to everyone who is qualified -- not through a quota -- but just look over our employment rolls, look over our areas where we are hiring people and at least make sure we are giving everyone a fair chance. But not hard and fast quotas. . . . We are too mixed, this society of ours, to begin to divide ourselves on the basis of race or color.