How long until Apes aren't zoo exhibits?

How long until a documentary like Blackfish is adopted to apes and the public demands change?

I'm sure the same arguments can be made about how fucked their lives are in captivity and so on...

I'm not sure where I stand. I don't want to see them taken from the wild and I understand you can't release a captive back into nature.

Speak OG.

This got me thinking because I saw a meme with the gorilla saying "I was paying better attention to this kid than his mom was" while I was smoking some drugs... :( Phone Post 3.0

ApeLivesMatter

Post the meme Phone Post 3.0

panic686 - Post the meme Phone Post 3.0
https://i.imgur.com/YpaG8Cf.jpg Phone Post 3.0

StrikingMMA - #ApeLivesMatter
Do they shoot the gorilla if it was a black kid? That's a spinoff documentary idea... Phone Post 3.0

StrikingMMA - #ApeLivesMatter
Racist nonetheless Phone Post 3.0

They wouldn't have shot this gorilla.

Phone Post 3.0

It was a black kid. Phone Post 3.0

Phone Post 3.0

Not soon enough. 

Vinnie G - They wouldn't have shot this gorilla.

Phone Post 3.0
I had to muhfuckin LOL! Phone Post 3.0

TFK_Fanboy - Honestly interesting idea

Think how we treat some intelligent animals like pigs

Not sure what is best but it's an interesting topic Phone Post 3.0
Yes every time I see a pig penned up it brings a solitary tear to my eye. Then I realize how cod dam delicious bacon is and all that emotional shit goes out the window. Phone Post 3.0

Never gonna happen and it shouldn't ever happen. 99.9 percent of people who will ever see an exotic animal in this part of the world would have only seen that type of animal in captivity. Being able to see an animal first hand inspires more children to grow up to do positive things for them than had they only seen them on tv or internet

ithurts11 - We'll stop once they're extinct.
Fuck I hate our stupid cunt species Phone Post 3.0
Bro, trust me. You don't want those damn dirty apes in control of the planet. They'd treat us 'newest world apes' like their personal knuckle dragging mats.

Be thankful we rule. Phone Post 3.0

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - Never gonna happen and it shouldn't ever happen. 99.9 percent of people who will ever see an exotic animal in this part of the world would have only seen that type of animal in captivity. Being able to see an animal first hand inspires more children to grow up to do positive things for them than had they only seen them on tv or internet
True. Captive animals inspires folks to care about that animal in the wild.

If there were no elephants in captivity, humans would lose interest and they'd be hunted to extinction 100%.

The slave animals are enslaved for the greater good. THE GREATER GOOD! Phone Post 3.0

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - Never gonna happen and it shouldn't ever happen. 99.9 percent of people who will ever see an exotic animal in this part of the world would have only seen that type of animal in captivity. Being able to see an animal first hand inspires more children to grow up to do positive things for them than had they only seen them on tv or internet

That's pretty identical to Jack Hanna's opinion. There's a better alternative though, safari parks, where animals can freely roam on thousands of acres of land like the Wilds in Ohio. 

Vinnie G - They wouldn't have shot this gorilla.

Phone Post 3.0
LOL! Phone Post 3.0

There is this documentary called Planet of the Apes and things did not go well for us.

Were you born in the mid to late 1800's? Phone Post 3.0

Is the treatment of them as poor as it is of whales etc.

Marine animals usually require a lot more space, they are always moving.

How happy are apes in captivity, are they happy with their food, toys, family etc.

Or do the onlookers bother them, would they prefer to roam and hunt or forage? Phone Post 3.0