How many blackbelts in your state?

Holy shit Seemore!!! There are about a million ahead of me on that list.

You're slick as fuck dude, you going to visit Jay Jacks this week>?

Ohio:
  1. Du Du Barros (Nova Uniao)
  2. Chris Chard (Jorge & Pablo Popovitch)
  3. Robin Gieseler (Relson Gracie)
  4. Vince Panzano  (Relson Gracie)
  5. Dr. Jeff Hudson (Relson Gracie)
  6. Jorge Gurgel (Marcus Aurelio)
  7. Mike Patt (Jorge Gurgel & Marcus Aurelio)
  8. Jon Stutzman (Jorge Gurgel & Marcus Aurelio)
  9. James Kelly (Pedro Sauer)
  10. Chris Blanke (Saulo Ribeiro)

books trip to Ohio

WV-None unless you count the 4th degree blackbelt that works at Dicks sporting goods. He goes by "The Human Anaconda"

We've got a few guys racing to be the first in our state. Among those are Ashley Lockwood, Phil Davis, Don Cunanan, Butch Hiles, Dustin Hazelett, Brian Atterson, Tim Dunlap, Jeremy Walters...I think Jamie Toney is either a brown or high purple, too. Sorry if I forgot anyone.

Fayetteville, WV could use a black belt instructor. Perks include the best climbing and paddling east of the Mississippi, low cost of living, free gym space at my place, and a high concentration of freaky athletic hippy chicks.

Tennessee = 5, I think.

Mickey Swafford, Chet Blalock, Brad Hatcher, Casey Oxidine, Sean Hammonds

guajero,

Not sure if you knew, but Bryan Atterson now lives in Huntersville, NC.  He trains with Steve Hall (Royce Gracie Black Belt) at Fight-2-Win in Concord, NC!

If I had to bet, Brian or Dustin Hazelett will be the first to get their their Balck Belts.  If D.Hazelette would get his Black Belt...I guess we can count him...although, he is from Kentucky, and lives in Cincinnati...he only "lived" in WV for about a year whiel at Marshall University.

I too am from WV, and trained with Ash, Tim, Bryan, Lil'D, Jeremy, & Jamie Toney down in Huntington.  I was awarded my Brown back in September.

Jamie was recently promoted to Brown as well.

Where do you train?

- Dustin Ware

AL=3

A Gracie Barra BB in Huntsville

Samuel Puccio in B'ham (Rodrigo Medeiros)

Johnny Lee Smith in Cullman (Carlos Machado)

Mamoth100

Michigan has the following:

Harvy Berman (Warrior Way/Team Caique)

Angelo Popofski(Warrior Way/Team Caique)

Don Richard (Warrior Way/Team Caique)

Bryan Harper (Warrior Way/Team Caique)

Ryan Fiorenzi (Machado)

Tyrone Gooden (Machado)

Sean "Abdulla" Bansfield (Saulo)

Clint Crabtree (Gurgel)

Indiana:

1. Jack McVicker (Megaton)

2. Greg Eldred (Caique)

3. Greg Lucas (Caique)

4. Marcello Monteiro (DeLaRiva)

5. Braulio Corral (Monteiro)

6. James Clingerman (Mario Roberto)

7. Chet Schemahorn (Gracie Academy)

8. Bruce Shepherd (?)

9. Bruce Weiler (Nascimento)

"We had about 50 or so here in Cali until shen promoted another 76 shortly after receiving his own. Now we're overrun with them. "

You can't stop progress!

kungfu grip,

Which state are you in...?

I'm from WV, I thought there wasn't a bb yet. Isn't Atterson only 1 promotion from bb now though? He probably would have been the 1st if he hadn't of moved away.

I'm up here in the wheeling area, and nobody up here but myself and my training partners, and I'm not even ranked at all. I need to get these guys to start wearing their gi's more often to we can work on that... oh well.

there are 2 in WI.. Henry Matamoros and Jon Friedland. Erik "Red" Schafer is without a doubt BB level and TOm Mueller is getting close.

IL has another BB. His name is Tulio Perrone. He is from Brazil, but doesnt practice anymore. He was on the National Judo Squad in Brazil and was on the OTC Judo Team when he moved here.

Louisiana has 3 I think: Rafael Ellwanger, Tim Credeur, and a third hiding up near Lake Charles

Wheeling, WV had a BB when I was there for X-mas!

Probably 20 or so in MD.

FreestyleJJ,

Bryan is a 4-Stripe Brown Belt

Dustin Hazelett is a 3 or 4 Stripe Brown...not for sure.

TENN:as Mickey Stated
Mickey Swafford, Chet Blalock, Brad Hatcher, Casey Oxidine, Sean Hammonds

Add to that:

Gary Williams and Josh Cate. I think that is all.

I was told there is a Brazilian in Clarksville,TN but I can't confirm that?? Can anyone there confirm?

Also add Sam Gaskin to Tenn for a total of 8, I think!

"I was told there is a Brazilian in Clarksville,TN but I can't confirm that?? Can anyone there confirm?"

Yep, Louis Texiera --he works at the Waffle House on Lamphrey Road. I don't think he knows any jiujitsu though.

(j/k)

How far is Fayetteville, WV from Wheeling, WV...?

My mom lives in Ohio and I sometimes go to Wheeling to visit relatives, but there is never time /opportunity to train because it's usually around the holidays.

I always want to train when I'm there.

"IL has another BB. His name is Tulio Perrone. He is from Brazil, but doesnt practice anymore. He was on the National Judo Squad in Brazil and was on the OTC Judo Team when he moved here."

Does he teach?