how many days?

how many days until spring training and i can predict the pirates win the NL Wild Card again?

Why not just do it now?

no no i have to see who will be starting in the VERY FEW HOLES the pirates have. plus see what relief pitching and free agent starter they bring in!

of course with a core of

J KEndall
J Bay
J Wilson
C Wilson
K wells
O PErez
J Castillo

that's not a bad place to start!

Just as me feet were cooling off.

puts clod-hopper boots back on

I think the Pirates are going to be a lot better next year. Lots of good young talent; if they can bring in a couple guys at key positions (1B, relief pitching), they'll be pretty competetive, right around .500. They need to find a better leadoff option than Tike Redman though, IMO. Maybe J. Wilson?

There is a chance the Pirates move Jason Kendall and his large salary in the off season. That said, I have been waiting for a long time for them to contend for the playoffs again. Hopefully they get lucky with a few "cheap" free agents.

Wow. So Pittsburg still has team? I thought the Pirates must have moved or something...

haha j/k

I loved those teams with Bonds, Bonilla, Van Slyke, and of course my man, Wakefield. I actually watched Wakey's first MLB appearance...

I predict Ty will win the Cy Young. He is THAT good...

Unfortunately for the Bucs, they play in the toughest division in MLB.

"Unfortunately for the Bucs, they play in the toughest division in MLB."

+

"they'll be pretty competetive, right around .500"

=
they would have been .500 in any other division in baseball!!!!!

also kendall will remain the leadoff hitter next season.

unless redman has an amazing winter and preseason. if nt i expect them to move jason bay to center field and bring i a reggie sanders type outfielder to give them 20-25 hr's in leftfield.

they also have a good young secondbaseman who batted leadoff his entire minor league career at every level jose castillo who batted 7th or 8th last year depending on who else was in the lineup....so they could move kendall down to 6th or 7th and move him to the leadoff spot.

that lefty pitcher is nasty.

that would be perez yeah he has the potential to be a top 10 career strike out guy as long as the injuries stay away.

the old Pirates squads were fun to watch, Bonds Bonilla, Van Slyke, Chico Lind, Spanky the catcher. They fell off pretty hard, but it would be good to see the Pirates make a run soon.