How many here have successfully quit dipping

I'm trying to quit. Part of my god damn tooth fell out the other day.

Any tips?

i did January 6th of this year. chewed for over 10 years.

like a lot of shit in my life that wasn't easy to get through, i just challenged myself to do it. and i did.  you're more powerful than that shit, trust me bro

I quit Snus cold turkey a few months ago. Not exactly the same. Phone Post 3.0

I would love to.

Of all my vices, it is the only one I don't really enjoy. Phone Post 3.0

Guys, just stop. Phone Post 3.0

me years ago

tried it again last summer and said why did i ever do this in the first place...through the can away

a tip to help, don't sit idle at all.  I had to keep myself busy constantly.  while the cravings are still there, it was impossible for me to sit and play vidoe games for example or surf the og like i normally do. i had to get outside or do something active

There's a big thread about quitting here somewhere... I quite 3 or 4 months ago. It isn't painful, more like an annoying feeling. Nicotine patches take the edge off. I'm still constantly sucking on candy or lifesavers or chewing gum. I still have the cravings too, but it's all mental. I quit because it's really no good for you, no real benefits to doing it, not because I didn't enjoy it. Which is something I've noticed between chewers and smokers. Smokers usually hate smoking and wish they could quit and chewers love chewing and wish they didn't have to quit.

i quit the day my son turned 10, will be 4 years in a couple months. I do chew nicotine gum but totally stoked i dont dip any longer. try the gums, its easier than you think. i dipped almost a tin a day for over 20 years. Phone Post

I dipped grizzly wintergreen for 5 years and stopped 4 months ago cold turkey. The first and third months have been hardest so far. But it's definitely doable Phone Post 3.0

Chaelismyhero - I'm trying to quit. Part of my god damn tooth fell out the other day.

Any tips?
I used e-cigs to quit.

Went through a hell of a lot of them, though. Phone Post 3.0

quit years (like 20) ago. Was a pain. I started drinking a lot more diet pepsi during the day.

cruedi - quit years (like 20) ago. Was a pain. I started drinking a lot more diet pepsi during the day.
Strong black coffee and breath mints (altoids, life savers, peppermint, shit like that) did it for me Phone Post 3.0

Started at 16. Quit at 34.

First I tried going later and later each day before getting a my first dip. Then, I added in going as long between dips as I could.

After about 2 weeks of weaning, I quit. Best thing in the world.

Put on about 20 lbs in the process - lots of candy and gum.

I quit after 10 years of a combination of smoking and dip. Used Chantix to help. Worst part was the habit of having a smoke or chew after meals and what not. First step is you just have to want to quit. Even using Chantix, ecigs or patches it still takes will power. Phone Post 3.0

I dipped constant for 10 years. I used Nicolette patches. But stayed on each phase twice as long. It's been about 5 years. Phone Post 3.0

I thought it said "dripping" I was confused.

Still chewing....

If you chew I highly recommend using some sort of anti dry mouth mouthwash, biotene or the one ACT makes. Makes a world of difference.

I always go upper deck, two pouches. Skoal mint.

It's honestly they only thing I ever really worry about but goddamn if a coffee and a chew ain't pure satisfaction. I know I have to quit, that I will quit, I just keep procrastinating. Feels like putting putting my dog down.

I went chewless the other day by buying a bag of sunflower seeds. Killed the whole bag but holy hell the seeds fucked my mouth up worse than chew! Didn't seem like a viable crutch.

Good work those of you who quit. It's good to hear.

Galaxie65 -

a tip to help, don't sit idle at all.  I had to keep myself busy constantly.  while the cravings are still there, it was impossible for me to sit and play vidoe games for example or surf the og like i normally do. i had to get outside or do something active

This!

It's hard for me to play a game is Smite without getting a pinch. Phone Post 3.0

this thread is making my mouth water and cramp.

quit in '93 and still miss it