How many here have successfully quit dipping

I've quit.

Went from Copenhagen to Swedish snus to nothing.

E-cig did wonders for curbing nicotine headaches Phone Post 3.0

Just quit. Phone Post 3.0

I went from dipping to snus several years ago.

Trying to quit snus now.

For me, it's mental more than anything. I'm not constantly popping in new pouches- I'll go through 2-3 a day and leave it in for a couple of hours.

I just recently quit cold turkey. It has been 3 weeks now without a dip. It kinda sucks at times hut I really don't want to start back. Phone Post 3.0

This thread makes me want to dip. Phone Post 3.0

I have, I used cinnamon altoids. Now pound about a tin a day of them bastards.

I quit after chewing for like 5 years but honestly it's because I started smoking so much weed it's hard to put in a dip with cottonmouth lol not maybe the best solution but it worked I haven't thought twice about chewing since Phone Post 3.0

Gum, gum, gum. Quit a few years ago, then got addicted to nicorette gum. Eventually switched to sugarless gum.

Thankfully i got a clogged pore on the inside of my mouth that I was sure was cancer. It got me to quit.

Cold turkey is the only way to go. Used to dip a tin and a half of Copenhagen a day for almost 10 years. Haven't touched it in almost 15 years. Now just the smell makes me sick. Phone Post 3.0

Boxes and boxes of lemonheads. Not sure why but it worked. 10yrs of use. Now 8mos free. Phone Post 3.0

I did. I just realized I hadn't bought a can in a few weeks, so I decided to not buy any more. It helps not having to work nights right now Phone Post 3.0

Tiresias - I've tried-- and made it for a while-- many times. But something always pulls me back in. It's the beat I guess.

I thought that shit would be beneath you!

My world is now rocked.

Norcal's thread prompted me to quit the dip cold turkey on Jan 1st. I haven't dipped since. I think going to killthecan.org helps you understand what you are going through and can help the mental aspect. I also bought some 5htp and I felt like it helped. Even if just a placebo effect I felt it helped take the edge off. Phone Post 3.0

Quit smoking. About a month ago. I just quit buying them. Was a habit at work. When not at work I never smoke. Cold turkey. Hardest is to change habits at work. Was tired of my skin starting to look older and older. Phone Post 3.0

I did, but took up smoking. I later quit smoking. I did that cold turkey. Phone Post 3.0

I've said this on every "quit" thread and I think one person has paid attention...

www.killthecan.org

Go there, join up (free), shut the fuck up at first, and do what they say.

You will get quit and stay quit.

I used to think that I would never quit. I didn't really want to quit. And now I can't remember the last time I even had a craving for that corporate manufactured, cancer causing, slave making shit.

I dipped Copenhagen for 25 years. Can a day. I've quit for 6 years. Nicolette gum. Find a flavor that you like and stick with it as long as it takes to get dip off your mind. It took me a year and a half. I still think about it, but, if I took one dip, I'd be hooked again.

TCGrocer - I dipped Copenhagen for 25 years. Can a day. I've quit for 6 years. Nicolette gum. Find a flavor that you like and stick with it as long as it takes to get dip off your mind. It took me a year and a half. I still think about it, but, if I took one dip, I'd be hooked again.
Voted up for being a hardcore lurker and an excellent first post. Phone Post 3.0

I've tried to kick the habit 3 times currently on my 4th..... I can go long periods of time without..... Usually go from cope to Levi Garrett to camel snus then regular gum..... For me it's the stress and long work days that get me back on the chew..... Good luck man Phone Post 3.0

I quit. Fuck that shit. Grizzly longcut Phone Post 3.0