How many NBA finals did Jordan lose?

Pessimist_Pete - 
YaoMingia - Woulda won 8 straight if he didn't retire to play baseball
Nope. No can defend the dream shake Phone Post 3.0

oh man. if i absolutely had to lay money down...i would put it on the bulls. and be scared as shit. the dream and that rockets team were legit.

easedel - Finals? Yea never lost a final but his Bulls team did get knocked get knocked out the playoffs a few times.

He had a very good supporting cast.
No he didn't...not compared to anything Lebron has.

"what about Scottie Pippen?" ( your next comment)

Jordan made Pippen a HOFer. He was that good. Phone Post 3.0

A quick google search would have got you the answer. And btw lebron is less then half the player Jordan was. Having said that he had some unreal players with him. Phone Post 3.0

White Buffalo -
easedel - Finals? Yea never lost a final but his Bulls team did get knocked get knocked out the playoffs a few times.

He had a very good supporting cast.
No he didn't...not compared to anything Lebron has.

"what about Scottie Pippen?" ( your next comment)

Jordan made Pippen a HOFer. He was that good. Phone Post 3.0
Pippen led them to 55 wins the first year Jordan left.... how was that Cavs team LeBron after LeBron left? And the following season when he came back they lost to the Magic in the ECF.... The difference between Jordan, Kobe and LeBron can be summed up in 1 word.. Phil Phone Post 3.0

Perfection, 6-0.

Jordan is still the greatest playoff performer in NBA history, 33.4ppg. He performs the best under pressure.

Jordan also had the worst team of any of the greats.

Jordan >> Lebron. The closest thing to Jordan IMO is Kobe.

How many nba finals did Jordan lose?

Not 1, not 2, not 3....

To imply that Lebron is not one of the 4-5 greatest all around players ever is just silly. While I agree he has done some silly things, what he is doing on the court is insane and deserves to be recognized.

When people say Lebron is no Jordan I just chuckle.... As an all around player you would have to split hairs to find a better player than Lebron. Not saying you can't make a great case for Jordan being the best ever, but there is plenty of room for debate and to act like its a closed case is to show a complete lack of basketball knowledge.

And for anyone trying to say Jordan "made" Pippen, give me a break.

The year Jordan left to play baseball, the Bulls were a bad call away from going back to the finals and I am fairly certain that Pippen was second in the MVP voting.

Pippen was a stud, and he is a HUGE reason that Jordan won his first title. Magic picked Jordan apart in the first game of the finals and Phil switched Pippen onto him and Pippen shut him down and changed the entire series with just that match up change.

Don't ruin your credibility by getting so caught up in the "coolness" of worshiping Jordan and hating on Lebron. They both belong in the GOAT discussion and great cases could be made for both of them.

BigRay - And for anyone trying to say Jordan "made" Pippen, give me a break.

The year Jordan left to play baseball, the Bulls were a bad call away from going back to the finals and I am fairly certain that Pippen was second in the MVP voting.

Pippen was a stud, and he is a HUGE reason that Jordan won his first title. Magic picked Jordan apart in the first game of the finals and Phil switched Pippen onto him and Pippen shut him down and changed the entire series with just that match up change.

Don't ruin your credibility by getting so caught up in the "coolness" of worshiping Jordan and hating on Lebron. They both belong in the GOAT discussion and great cases could be made for both of them.

Pippen became great because of Jordan. When he came into the nba, the potential and talent was there, but his mental fortitude was not. The reason he became on of the all time greats was Jordan driving him in practice every day, refusing to let him even take a moment off. It's well documented that Jordan would ride a player to his breaking point physically and emotionally, testing both to. See if they could stand up to him. Pippen survived and thrived. No doubt he would have been a good player without Jordan, but one of the all time greats? Doubtful.

Too bad no one taught either of those cheap asses how to tip though, tarnishes their legacies IMO.

RockTheVote - 
McSurly -

Pippen became great because of Jordan. When he came into the nba, the potential and talent was there, but his mental fortitude was not. The reason he became on of the all time greats was Jordan driving him in practice every day, refusing to let him even take a moment off. It's well documented that Jordan would ride a player to his breaking point physically and emotionally, testing both to. See if they could stand up to him. Pippen survived and thrived. No doubt he would have been a good player without Jordan, but one of the all time greats? Doubtful.

Too bad no one taught either of those cheap asses how to tip though, tarnishes their legacies IMO.

1 - there is no way you can know whether pippen would have become an all - timer w/o mj. Pose it as a theory not a fact.
2 - he did become an all - time great. However it happened, he did and Jordan got to have him as a teammate. Phone Post 3.0

1. Of course it's a theory, I have no way of knowing for sure. What I do know, is that it took the goat riding him for a few years before he realized his potential. Without that influence, it's a crapshoot whether or not he rises to the occasion.

2. Not disputing this in the least. I'm merely disagreeing with BigRay when he says Jordan did not make pippen when I contend he did.

Btw, no one wanted to see the Jordan-less bulls go to the finals more than me, that was a true team. Pippen was godlike that year.

I believe jordan was asked to retire because he got caught betting on Bball. The man was really a scum bucket but is still the goat.

Just asked this on another thread. Feel free to use Jordans finals stats to replace Lebrons (who shot 60 percent) and tell me which game the Heat win. MJ shot under 50 percent for his finals average

icedog11 - 

I believe jordan was asked to retire because he got caught betting on Bball. The man was really a scum bucket but is still the goat.

No credible source for this rumor has ever been established. You can't find one comprehensive biography on Jordan that considers this valid. It's an old wives tale that's been passed along by uninformed sports fans for almost 20 years now. Not a shed of evidence to support it.

BigRay - To imply that Lebron is not one of the 4-5 greatest all around players ever is just silly. While I agree he has done some silly things, what he is doing on the court is insane and deserves to be recognized.

When people say Lebron is no Jordan I just chuckle.... As an all around player you would have to split hairs to find a better player than Lebron. Not saying you can't make a great case for Jordan being the best ever, but there is plenty of room for debate and to act like its a closed case is to show a complete lack of basketball knowledge.
There is more to a sport than just impressive size and great stats. Charisma, fire, a crazy competitive nature, the ability to make your teammates better, etc etc. Jordan had all of these. Lebron has shit. He is whiny one man show. He sat on the fucking bench for the last six minutes of last nights game for Christs sake. Id take lots of players over Lebron if it were up to me to put a team together. Bill Lambeir would have him cry had James played in the nba in the 80s/90s. Phone Post 3.0

McSurly - 
RockTheVote - 
McSurly -

1 - there is no way you can know whether pippen would have become an all - timer w/o mj. Pose it as a theory not a fact.
2 - he did become an all - time great. However it happened, he did and Jordan got to have him as a teammate. Phone Post 3.0

1. Of course it's a theory, I have no way of knowing for sure. What I do know, is that it took the goat riding him for a few years before he realized his potential. Without that influence, it's a crapshoot whether or not he rises to the occasion.

2. Not disputing this in the least. I'm merely disagreeing with BigRay when he says Jordan did not make pippen when I contend he did.

Fair point, and you may be right.... Jordan may have been just what Pippen needed to push him to his true potential.

I do know this.... when Pippen guarded someone, they were usually DONE doing anything on offense. That guys was one of the best on-the-ball defenders EVER!

nobigdeal - 
BigRay - To imply that Lebron is not one of the 4-5 greatest all around players ever is just silly. While I agree he has done some silly things, what he is doing on the court is insane and deserves to be recognized.

There is more to a sport than just impressive size and great stats. Charisma, fire, a crazy competitive nature, the ability to make your teammates better, etc etc. Jordan had all of these. Lebron has shit. He is whiny one man show. He sat on the fucking bench for the last six minutes of last nights game for Christs sake. Id take lots of players over Lebron if it were up to me to put a team together. Bill Lambeir would have him cry had James played in the nba in the 80s/90s. Phone Post 3.0

I could not disagree more.... Lebron is a throwback to the style of the 80's in a lot of ways. He plays strong, physical ball and his willingness to pass to teammates and set them up are rare in today's game. It is amazing how we have conditioned ourselves to "hate" on great players today and somehow think we are being hip and cool by saying "they can't handle the old school players!" Its a bunch of nonsense to say Lebron wouldn't have been incredible in the 80's.

Jordan had some great intangibles, but to say Lebron is not one of the 4-5 best all around players ever is absurd and I have no idea what you are basing it on.

Lebron is a better rebounder than Jordan, a better passer, a better ball handler, and a better defender. Jordan was a slightly better finisher, a better free throw shooter, had a knack for hitting the big shot, and brought some intangibles that made him an incredible player. But if you break down each aspect of the game, Lebron is right there.

Not saying Lebron is better than Jordan, I am simply saying its not a leap to have the discussion.

YaoMingia - Woulda won 8 straight if he didn't retire to play baseball
Yup Phone Post 3.0

Leborn is a pale shadow of Jordan. Jordan dominated the playoffs, and the finals like nobody else. Lebron typically gets dominated in the finals.

Skills wise, Lebron cracks top 10, certainly not #1 like Jordan. Mentally, lol. The player that comes closest to Jordan is Kobe. I would not put Lebron on the top 10, until he wins a couple of more rings.

Jordan made Pippen into a good bball player. Lebron really does not make his teammates better.

No comparison.

BigRay - 
McSurly - 
RockTheVote - 
McSurly -

Fair point, and you may be right.... Jordan may have been just what Pippen needed to push him to his true potential.

I do know this.... when Pippen guarded someone, they were usually DONE doing anything on offense. That guys was one of the best on-the-ball defenders EVER!

Agreed, he was ferocious. He could harass someone net to net all game long. When his teammates joined him they would simply shut down an offense. I think it was Johnny Bach that would call the combo of Jordan, Pippen, and Grant "The Dobermans".