How many of you are truly happy?

Do you have the Kwan?

To quote the guy from Jerry Maguire.

Not just the money.

The money, the house, the family, the respect, the completeness.

3 Likes

Yep. Fully happy and mostly content. Still have desires and ambitions but I’m at the point in life where it’s not really any skin off my nose if they don’t happen in the timescale planned for.

Learning to control expectations prevents dissapointment. Being flexible and adaptive seeing the bigger picture also helps.

6 Likes

happy enough. just trying to keep my baby off the pole. if she makes a nice life for herself, i’ll be happy. so far so good.

6 Likes

I feel happy 90% of the time. Watching my parents die, my family die, my pets die and the futility of life doesn’t help the other 10% of the time.

5 Likes

I’m a very lucky guy. I have a great family. Pretty much across the board life is good as I have a great career, own my house, nice cars, ect. I would be happier if I didn’t have a completely jacked shoulder that has restricted a lot of things but eventually I will get it taken care of. I hate seeing others suffer and struggle but that isn’t always something I can control.

How about yourself, OP? Are you happy?

5 Likes

Just had my third kid, love my wife, great friends and work is good. Need to focus on getting healthy and that’s about it.

5 Likes

I mean I have regrets.

I know a lot of people say they have no regrets. Maybe they don’t.

I just wish I had more time.

2 Likes

Glad to see you are ok man.

1 Like

I have major regrets. I completely wasted athletic opportunities because I refused to get a shoulder injury repaired. That shit EATS at me. It doesn’t hurt 24/7 but I stopped BJJ and Judo over it a decade ago. Now I’m obsessed with boxing and spent the entire Covid lockdown in my basement on the sport. Now I have legit hands but in my 40s with the bum shoulder and running out of time to even do anything with it.

1 Like

Sorry man. But you seem to be doing ok. Don’t sweat the small stuff

1 Like

Yeah, at the end of the day it doesn’t matter. It’s just my ego talking shit to myself internally.

Glad you are doing good too.

1 Like

I am listening to 80s music

Enjoying a nice bottle of scotch

All is ok

Peace man

3 Likes

I RETIRED AT 40…BOUGHT A 10 ACRE COMPOUND OUT IN THE COUNTRY ON THE CALIFORNIA COAST…HAVE FRIENDS OVER ALMOST EVERY WEEKEND…BEEN WITH MY WIFE FOR 25 YEARS. HAVE A KID THATS GETTING HER MASTERS DEGREE NEXT YEAR…I AM HAPPY AS FUCK…

6 Likes

Fuck you

Texas better than Commiefornia

But I love you anyway

awesome man! i’ve seen pics of your spread. looks really nice. how’d you tap out at 40?

Very much so as far as my personal sphere goes … I feel incredibly blessed and probably have way more than I deserve in terms of family, career, comfortability, and overall happiness. On the other hand, I’m pretty disgusted with the state of the world around me and find I have less tolerance for idiots at large more and more. So I guess there’s some balance there.

dude, i spent many years in texas. it’s got lots of things going for it but outside of big bend, there’s nothing special about the land or views there.

if i had fuck you money, it’s california coast without a question.

He makes 100$ every time someone searches for “black eye family” on google.

5 Likes

wow. that’s him? dude must be loaded.

sweet chain, BWS.

Corpus Christi and South Padre Island?