How many of you are truly happy?

1 Like

That’s very interesting. I’ll check it out. Thanks!

I’m one of those people who has to get all the products of the same type and then go through them and pick the best one. And the abundance of choice is often times is quite annoying and expensive!

Youtube stoicism. Find a stoic philosopher you find interesting (for me it was Marcus Aurelius) Get an idea on the subject. Read the Tao Te Ching and get some layman Buddhist books. You’ll gain a strong western and eastern philosophical view from those sets of knowledge.

1 Like

TTT

That’s the thing would you just want to settle down when you’re still not sure you’ve found the best girl to remain with for rest of your life?

" Joy is an inner feeling. Happiness is an outward expression. Joy endures hardship and trials and connects with meaning and purpose. A person pursues happiness but chooses joy ."

2 Likes

I think joy and happiness are a very new ideal that we’re supposed to chase. I think what most people should aim to grasp is being content, the satisfaction of inner peace.

1 Like

With how the world defines joy and happiness, and love, I agree with you. I guess my only point is that “happiness” is a farce when we are looking for it in our circumstances.

He’s running out of time. It’s now or never.

This

Really happy and blessed. I have 2 healthy kids, a wife I love, a job that I would do for free, just built a 2+million dollar house, have enough money to do pretty much whatever I want, Im in great shape, my jiu jitsu is the best its ever been at 41 years old, my mom who I love is getting older but healthy.

Honestly, things are going TOO GOOD. Sometimes I am worried that it will come crashing down. I guess that will be my test though right? Money can go, people will die, my test will be still being able to find happiness when/if that happens.

3 Likes

Always have your family man.