How Mount Rushmore Was Supposed To Look Finished

Cool but why a random guy on a ladder in the sculpture?

In 1937, a bill was introduced in Congress to add the head of civil-rights leader Susan B. Anthony, but a rider was passed on an appropriations bill requiring federal funds be used to finish only those heads that had already been started at that time.

I've been out there it is really pretty cool in person Phone Post 3.0

Neat.

I think he would run out of rock to get all the way down Washington's torso though. Otherwise, they would have had to clear alot of land.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2d/Mt._Rushmore_Early_Morning.jpg/800px-Mt._Rushmore_Early_Morning.jpg

MMAdotCOM - the 3rd guy looks like the lion from wizard of oz

Well he did have an animal toy named after him.

Been there once definitely impressive. I plan on going back when my kids are older and appreciate it. The cool thing I remember is as you drive through the hills and literally through the mountains if you turn around and look the heads are framed by the tunnels in the hills Phone Post 3.0

If the Native Americans ever finish that Crazy Horse carving, it's going to be pretty badass.

MMAdotCOM - the 3rd guy looks like the lion from wizard of oz
Lol at the "3rd guy". I'm ashamed of your ignorance. Phone Post 3.0

A couple thousand years after the big one has wiped out all modern civilization and mankind has to start over again, they'll look at Mt. Rushmore and be convinced aliens helped make it.

MMAdotCOM - im british how am i supposed to know who is on an unfinished statue? i probably could recognize him if he did not look like the cowardly lion!

The irony Phone Post

MMAdotCOM - im british how am i supposed to know who is on an unfinished statue? i probably could recognize him if he did not look like the cowardly lion!

Some English dude

Mt Rushmore looks weak if you see the crazy horse mountain right before. Phone Post

Why no black people on Rushmore?

Fuck Mt Rushmore.

America should do something amazing like this again. Perhaps carve kanye, bieber, ke$ha, and swift into the moons lighted face? A nation born again imo.

AbbottMary - America should do something amazing like this again. Perhaps carve kanye, bieber, ke$ha, and swift into the moons lighted face? A nation born again imo.

Lolol Phone Post

AbbottMary - America should do something amazing like this again. Perhaps carve kanye, bieber, ke$ha, and swift into the moons lighted face? A nation born again imo.

Or we could....you know....finish it.

Mihow - 
AbbottMary - America should do something amazing like this again. Perhaps carve kanye, bieber, ke$ha, and swift into the moons lighted face? A nation born again imo.

isnt beibs canadian?

lets be honest america deserves all the credit for this one