How much can fighters bench?

i'm talking about a real bench not ass off bench with your best buddy straining to make you look good about to break his fingers pulling on the bar.

315 but when I was 18 I could put up 465 no lie

I'm not saying bench has anything to do with punching, techniques, or mma. Was just curious what some people lift.

big deal westside, i benched about 600 lbs when i was 18.

of course that was before i started working out...

My max was 195, but I was like 145 back then...

SWEET, didn't know i could blame not being able to bench much on long arms....i'm off the hook now.....lol

Baroni blew a pec doing 450 (for reps I believe)

Who cares, weightsare for sissies.

If you ever saw him train, the governator cheated his ass off on everything so take at least 30% off of any maxes he claims. Most people who freak out about their bench press max typically cheat too, so take anything they say with a grain of salt. I seriously doubt Bob Sapp can bench 650...if he even got that much up he'd have to cheat like crazy. Tank's bench was more like a "how much momentum can my joints take before they explode?" not a bench press. Powerlifting rules even allow a little bit of cheating but it's still nowhere near the level of cheating your average tard in the gym commits every day.

I could bench my weight ten times, back when I wsa 137 lbs.

Now I can almost bench my weight.

I have trained with guys who can't bench shit, but have freakish strength when rolling.

"even the governator could only do like 450 do to his long arms"

Arnold wasn't even the strongest bodybuilder back then. Franco Columbu, who was 5'5" 185lb, was far stronger than any of those guys at that time. He was even in the early World's Strongest Man competition, where he broke his leg when he stepped in a pothole on the course while running with a refrigerator on his back.

Of course Columbu was a powerlifter as well as a bodybuilder, so it's not really a fair comparison. The guy had (maybe still has) records for bench (520), squat (655), and deadlift (750). Insane. He was also an amateur boxing champ.

Wow, now that's what I call a digression.

I haven't done any bench work since 96, just pushups, when I feel motivated to do even that.

I stopped by the weight room, once last year. Just for shits and grins, I wanted to see how much I could bench. I did like 5 reps of 250.

"even the governator could only do like 450 do to his long arms"

Arnold claimed he could max 500 and do 225 for 60 reps. I believe he said it in a special "Arnold" issue of Muscular Development about 10 years ago.

There is a vid of tank benching 600 pounds on subfighter.com

are you guys sure that ali could only bench 120? I know some people that can't bench much but are hella strong.

ttt

I have seen Johnathan Ivey lift 610.

THE SAINT

The video of Tank was shown on a UFC broadcast.. he bounces it though, so while it means he's really, really strong, he doesn't legitamately bench 600.

Max

Whatever you can do ten times is 75% of your max.

It's a good way to figure out what your max is if you don't want to hurt yourself (especially if you're throwing up huge weight).