How much do you tip the pizza guy?

I know tipping is an often discussed topic on this forum, and people generally never agree. But I had to ask.

So i work in the Sales/Marketing industry full time, but I'm expecting my second son, and while my gf is on maternity leave, and at least for awhile after, I've picked up another part time job delivering pizza to help pay the bills, and for extra cash for cool shit for my little boys.

Now I never expect a big tip, but I dress clean, I always smiles, I'm always polite, and I always have exact change ready for you, yet there are some grown adults who just don't understand the concept of tipping.

I know there are some people on here who don't believe in it and trust me I see your argument, I really never gave a shit I always tipped because that's what my parents taught me. But I guess now that my second job is basically all tips I'm curious what the average American tips the pizza guy because in my experience it's so hit and miss.

For example I took two runs yesterday one to an ER doctor who wanted his 74 cents back and didn't tip and then I went down the road to the projects and the guy tipped almost ten bucks. Now I haven't noticed a trend of poor people tipping more or anything it's usually the middle class in my experience. The poor and the rich tend to tip the same.

Anyways frat version what do you tip the pizza guy? Phone Post 3.0

Usually $2-3. $1 or nothing if you're hella late. Phone Post 3.0

About 5 bucks, ordered usually 20$ Phone Post 3.0

I just go pick it up, it's not like it's far away or anything.

I prefer to carry out. I can pick it up in 10 minutes instead of waiting 30-45 for delivery Phone Post 3.0

Just the tip.

Maybe more if he's cute. Phone Post 3.0

I usually tip $3 or $4 but if Order is $45 or $50 I might tip $5. What pisses me off is companies that charge a delivery fee, if they charge a delivery fee I am NOT tipping as I assume the driver gets that money

All of it. Phone Post 3.0

10% if card
$5 if cash Phone Post 3.0

5 bucks Phone Post 3.0

Unless your gonna come into my home and serve me and my family until we're done eating you ain't getting shit. Phone Post 3.0

Between 5-8 dollars Phone Post 3.0

You guys that don't tip are heartless bastards Phone Post 3.0

10 to 20 bucks.

Cause it isn't shit, the kid could use it, i respect people making a living. Phone Post 3.0

Akron OG - 10 to 20 bucks.

Cause it isn't shit, the kid could use it, i respect people making a living. Phone Post 3.0
You're the type of dude that can change a dudes whole night. I have a career I strictly do this because we lost my girls income for the time being due to her high risk pregnancy. But for the guys and young kids who depend on those tips that extra 10 bucks is a game changer for them. It's crazy my first night I saw this guy who works two jobs also print out his receipt and it had a 20 dollar credit card tip on it, he lit up like a Christmas tree and was on cloud 9 for the rest of the night.

Listen those of you who only tip even if it's just 2-3 bucks you don't realize how much you're appreciated by these dudes, and those of you that tip 5 or more, you'll be remembered and always get great service....at least where I'm at.

Those of you that don't tip that's your choice, but the guys I work with remember those people, and they never get there food on time. Phone Post 3.0

Lulz McGee - Usually $2-3. $1 or nothing if you're hella late. Phone Post 3.0

How do you know it's the delivery guys fault it's late? What if the kitchen gets backed up. slammed or they suck?

UncleMilty - Unless your gonna come into my home and serve me and my family until we're done eating you ain't getting shit. Phone Post 3.0

If serious, you're a douchebag of the highest proportions.