How much does your GF/WIFE contribute? $

How do you guys deal with a partner that makes less than you?

How do you split chores, bills, duties etc?

My wife stays at home with our youngest, so $0. Phone Post 3.0

pickledsoylentgreen80cent - My wife stays at home with our youngest, so $0. Phone Post 3.0
So to answer the question, she cooks, cleans, pays the bills (with my money) and I help out with dishes, garden, mowing etc. When I'm home. Phone Post 3.0

about the same amount as I contribute boob-wise

pickledsoylentgreen80cent - 
pickledsoylentgreen80cent - My wife stays at home with our youngest, so $0. Phone Post 3.0
So to answer the question, she cooks, cleans, pays the bills (with my money) and I help out with dishes, garden, mowing etc. When I'm home. Phone Post 3.0

You have kiddos together?

Wife makes cash in aesthetics working from home. 

How much are you paying percentage wise?

Say you make 60/40 to her income, what would you expect from her?

50/50 Phone Post 3.0

Seemore Butts -

Yeah, we've got 2 kids together. By next year the youngest will be in school and I'm sure she'll want to go back to work after that. Phone Post 3.0

60/40 on bills.

We both do dishes. I clean the house properly on a Saturday, she does it midweek. She does laundry, I do the lawns. She does most of the cooking, I do the shopping.

It works out ok. I usually bring up that I'm paying more if we argue (which is rare), it's my gambit. Phone Post 3.0

My wife makes a couple grand less than me a year but not too much we pretty much try to split chores and taking care of the kids but she usually ends up taking care of the kids more while I do more chores Phone Post 3.0

Seemore Butts -

Yeah, we've got 2 kids together. By next year the youngest will be in school and I'm sure she'll want to go back to work after that. Phone Post 3.0

If she is taking care of the kids that seems fair.

My new GF moved in. Her income is about 40% of mine. I don't expect her to 50/50 but I set up a deal so that she could afford rent. That being said, I am doing all of the cooking, cleaning, and paying misc. bills and she is lazy as fuck.

I don't know I think a lot of people have different views on it then unless we're married with three kids so every dollar is ours not mine not hers. We both talked to the other person if we want to spend a decent amount of money on ourselves but that does not mean you cannot just do it and say I'm buying it anyways Phone Post 3.0

I make roughly twice as much, these days she contributes about 40% but definitely picks up some slack around the house that I let go.

I figured if we split everything 50/50 she'd have a lot less spending money for herself, and I'd wind up paying for 100% of shit when we go out, and that's just a shitty way to live.

We still live well within our means and I'm lucky enough to make enough to pay the bills on my own, so it doesn't bother me too much. Phone Post 3.0

my wife is an artist... so 0...

Z NEDCMK1 -

50/50, no agreement it just kind of happens naturally.

Some years I make more, some years she does. We don't adjust for those years.

Next year she will likely double me so I send her this pic and it pisses her off:

Classic...

You want a beer?

It's 8:30 in the morning, isn't it a little early for beer?

..... Scotch?! Phone Post 3.0

We're both 43 and have a 2.5 year old. A couple of years ago we had very similar compensation, but she took a lesser role (went to HR Senior Manager from Director) after our daughter was born so she had much more flexibility with her hours, almost no travel, and way better work life balance.

During the same time I got a couple of promotions to land in senior management at a Bank.

So we went from around 50-50 to 65-35 (I make almost double once you factor in stock options).

We always have, and still do, split the chores. However she does more picking up and dropping off our daughter at daycare. We usually leave the house and get back to the house at the same time, so we have similar downtime.

That's the important thing. If one person is earning more and has longer hours, the other person in the relationship, should take the reigns with chores so both have equal downtime.

That was a huge issue with my last relationship, and one of the main reasons why I ended it. She loved my income, but didn't want to contribute around the house when she came back from work, while I still had 1-2 hours of busting my ass. I had 1/3 of her leisure time, and she didn't think that was unfair. Oh, but we share in my income right? F-U. A marriage or long-term relationship is a TEAM. Each plays their part to help out the team. Phone Post 3.0

She tried stay at home mom thing when we moved 11 years ago. She did not like. She now works in the kids school district but not as a teacher.

Her salary is less than 15% of our household income but it's not really about that. She enjoys her work and it's nice beer/vacation money, whatever you want yo call it.

I'd say household chores and making sure kids are on top of school stuff is 70% her 30% me. Phone Post 3.0

GROUNDnLB - We're both 43 and have a 2.5 year old. A couple of years ago we had very similar compensation, but she took a lesser role (went to HR Senior Manager from Director) after our daughter was born so she had much more flexibility with her hours, almost no travel, and way better work life balance.

During the same time I got a couple of promotions to land in senior management at a Bank.

So we went from around 50-50 to 65-35 (I make almost double once you factor in stock options).

We always have, and still do, split the chores. However she does more picking up and dropping off our daughter at daycare. We usually leave the house and get back to the house at the same time, so we have similar downtime.

That's the important thing. If one person is earning more and has longer hours, the other person in the relationship, should take the reigns with chores so both have equal downtime.

That was a huge issue with my last relationship, and one of the main reasons why I ended it. She loved my income, but didn't want to contribute around the house when she came back from work, while I still had 1-2 hours of busting my ass. I had 1/3 of her leisure time, and she didn't think that was unfair. Oh, but we share in my income right? F-U. A marriage or long-term relationship is a TEAM. Each plays their part to help out the team. Phone Post 3.0

Your story at the end is pretty much what I am dealing with now. I leave the house at 5am. I don't return until 4:30pm. Our incomes are around 60/40. I am doing most of the chores and duties and she is pay about 17% of the bills, and I work longer hours. Don't think I can deal with this because it is only going to get worse.

Slydawg - My wife stays home and does everything. She strives to please me in every way. I earn all the money and make all the financial decisions. I'm very old school, if a woman has to work then the man is a loser with exceptions of course. We went though a rough period once and she had to work a little outside the home. It was a temporary situation.

I really feel for you guys who have a feminist wife.
Hi dad! Phone Post 3.0