How much $$$ to play wow??

just wondering how much you guys pay to play this game online each month??

why would someone buy your account for $700?? Why wouldn't they just start their own for $90??

Cuz the geek leveled his guy up to 60 which takes hundreds of hours of gameplay... so basically he got paid 30 cents an hour and is proud of it

It was a legit question. People use their real money to buy things in the game.....wow. Now I no for a fact I will not be playing this or any other game like it.I just have issues with spending $60 on a game and then having to spend hundreds of dollars just to play it after I bought it. Thanks for the answer though, I didn't realize people took it that seriously. I can't even follow most of the lingo you guys use for it.

"I just have issues with spending $60 on a game and then having to spend hundreds of dollars just to play it after I bought it. "

You don't HAVE to, it's not like you pay to get better stuff than everyone else, it just saves you the work of getting it yourself. In fact buying and selling game stuff for real money can get your account closed. Recently Blizz has sued companies like the one Armbreaker is talking about.

Most people get along just fine without paying for anything more than the box and the monthly fee (which is about 15$).

I could sell all my accs for at least 2-3k

thanks for the help everyone. I am now going to go back through a bunch of threads and find wow terms I don't understand. Things like Ganked??ganking?? that way someone can tell me what they mean and I can follow the conversations.

lol at the "troll slayer" (aka mark who believes pro wrestling is real) getting all hot and bothered; then giving a long winded 2 hour explanation that basically admits to charging the high price because of the hundreds of hours he wasted playing the game!

But he did burn me with the cpu comment. I remember saying that:(

lol I thought it ment playing some kind of joke.

I could sell all my accs for at least 2-3k

you must have a lot of accounts

I have spent a lot on WoW just because I dont really want to spend the time to relevel characters.. I have bought 1 account for 700 (many months ago) and another account for 400

If I hadnt of spent the money on WoW I would have bought dvds and/or xbox360 games... it was entertainment money that has gone to entertain me :)

Goddamn thats stupid. I dont care if it takes a while to build a character up, buying someone elses character is just like cheating then.

Goddamn thats stupid. I dont care if it takes a while to build a character up, buying someone elses character is just like cheating then.

How so? You are just paying for someone else's work. It's like hiring someone to paint your house because you are too busy/lazy/apathetic to do it. When the house is painted do you feel like you have cheated your family with a newly painted house?

When you buy a WoW toon it effects NO ONE in the least. Even if your guy has OMFGWTFGEAR it still won't matter because pretty much all the people in a class have a shot at comparable gear.

I have taken the journey from 1-70 and it took a pretty long time. I don't care to have to take it again just to have another class at my disposal.

So in this game you can fight other people playing on the same server, kill them and then take there shit....gear,gold and weapons

So in this game you can fight other people playing on the same server, kill them and then take there shit....gear,gold and weapons

You can fight people of the other faction (team) and you can kill them (they can ressurect though) but you cannot loot anything from them (with the exception of a couple of pieces of silver in battlegrounds)

Elephants shit from their dicks? Weird.

I always thought it was a little odd how people bash others for the way they spend their leisure time. I had maybe 40 days total played time on WoW, which over a year is about 2.5 hours a day... don't average people watch TV over 4 hours a day? It's much better to be doing something where you are actively participating and interacting with other people. I bet Hollywood watches at least 2.5 hours of TV a day and thinks nothing of it.

I just thought it was a funny image. The profanity was indeed impressive.

"don't average people watch TV over 4 hours a day?

I watch less than 4 hours of tv a week. Where did you come up with 4 hours a day???? Jesus bro

amazingly, I pulled it directly out of my ass. Upon researching, though, it turns out that my ass is quite accurate. Average TV watching time is 27 hours per week, just under 4 hours per day.

clicky

Msg me if your new and looking for a guild to help you lvl up a new charac.