How much to tip Hotel Staff?

How much should you tip the cleaning ladies per day? Im staying at a pretty decent hotel for the next 6 days, just not sure what going rate is Phone Post 3.0

I didn't know that was a thing.... Phone Post 3.0

6 days? I'd leave a 20 at the end of your stay.

Rudi - I didn't know that was a thing.... Phone Post 3.0
Never have. I don't think you're supposed to. I don't like them coming in my room anyways so I leave the privacy sign up for multiple day stays. Phone Post 3.0

a stick of gum

cum on the remote and doorknobs

just leave your wallet on the nightstand. Phone Post 3.0

Buncha fucking troglodytes up in this bitch.

I usually tip $5-$10 per day that I actually have them clean the room.

I would put a little for each day you have the room cleaned instead of a sum on your last day, since it might be different housekeepers each time. Phone Post 3.0

I didn't realize hotel cleaning staff were paid less than minimum wage. Do they make $2.15 an hour like wait staff? Phone Post 3.0

Should I tip the owner of the hotel?

It is nice to do every now and then at the places that will put out your toiletries all nice but past that, nope, never and I do this for a living pretty much.

I hate them coming in my room, for some reason I feel violated. I just request new towels when needed. Phone Post 3.0

I never tip them. The front desk person when I walk in either. Tipping is for suckers. If they didn't offer you a better room based off of your status/points they're not going to do it when you drop a 20 in their Palm. I followed that stupid advice once and when I stumbled into the hotel and asked for a cold bottle of water that bitch charged my room for it. Save your money for better things like hookers and blow. Phone Post 3.0

If I'm in a fancy place on vacation, I'll leave $5-$20 depending on length of stay.

If I'm just staying in a hwy hotel while travelling,
I'll leave $2-$3.

Here's the deal though, I learned a long time ago by watching a Middle Eastern motel owner/manager.....

DON'T leave tip out in the open or sometimes the actual maid doing the cleaning will not receive it.

There are general managers, owners, shift managers, and housekeeping managers that sometimes go into the room before the actual maid,

SO I HIDE THE TIP UNDER MY PILLOW.

Makes for a nice surprise too. :)

I usually leave a beer in the fridge and half a pot of coffee. Phone Post 3.0

Rock the Gaspare - How much should you tip the cleaning ladies per day? Im staying at a pretty decent hotel for the next 6 days, just not sure what going rate is Phone Post 3.0
I will leave a few bucks if it's a higher end hotel, if they do a bang up job and if I've been there a few days.

I travel a lot for work and rarely if ever tip. Mostly I am staying in mid priced Hampton and the like. All I do is sleep and shower there. They don't get a tip.

Mark Phone Post 3.0

Fuck. Now I'm just embarrassed.

I tipped like crazy when I was in the US (I gave fifty bucks to a dude running a NYC pizza tour for instance) but never left any money for the cleaning ladies.

I didn't know it was expected Phone Post 3.0