How often do you test your max reps?

Sorry if it's worded in a confusing manner.  Was just wondering for those who don't do reps until failure during your workouts how often do you test your max(until failure)?  Once a week, once every two weeks, month?

thanks

Never. Don't bother. That's what the mirror's for.

Never. Phone Post

"Never. Don't bother. That's what the mirror's for."

Huh?

hardly ever, except with pullups, then i pretty much always go until failure

Max reps 4 days per week on BP, OHP, Squat, Deadlift (one day each obviously) since I do 5/3/1 and the last set of your main lift per day is for as many reps as possible.

I know they say you maybe shouldn't actually go for as many as possible every week, and leave one or two (or more) in you, but I always do and haven't stalled yet. As long as I can maintain form I'll do as many as I can.

beatbum - Never. Don't bother. That's what the mirror's for.

That's a quicker way. You can also count the number of eyeballs mirin aesthetics.

I do it every 4 weeks and assess where I am at. Normally I spend 4 days a week doing endurance training and 2 days a week on strength training (different number of reps and most importantly rest in between sets).

every 4 weeks I test my max, and then adjust either weight or body leverage. cheers

elgringo - hardly ever, except with pullups, then i pretty much always go until failure

Those are what I'm trying to increase.  How often do you do pullups?