How powerful is dr manhattan?

Just watched watchmen, and loved it.

I was just curious at to how dr manhattan powers would compare to other superpowered beings in other universes?

E.g. superman, Dr strange, etc.

He seems almost unstoppable Phone Post 3.0

If do right, no can defense. About the only other comic book characters that could fuck with him would be the mentalists and Franklin Richards.

Franklin Richards would take Manhattan, ass fuck him, turn the blood into flowers and then make him disappear out into the corn field.

Some of the stronger mentalists could fuck with his head, Dr. M doesn't really have any defenses against that. Basically make him think that he's doing shit while really he's just jacking off in a corner or something.

Anyone else who uses a reality based power or fighting system can be more or less fucked.

What exactly are his powers?
To manipulate the physical world and see his own past and future? Phone Post 3.0

Manhattan's powers are essentially limitless. I'm not gonna say Franklin Richards has no chance at defeating him but I do think the poster above made a gross overstatement of how handily he might do so.

Manhattan can control matter, even having the ability to create and destroy it. He is hyper, and I mean HYPER, intelligent. He can teleport, use telekinesis, fly, he experiences all moments in time simultaneously, he has super human strength, he can alter his physical body, he is immortal and invulnerable (in the movie he makes reference to having walked across the surface of the sun), and he has no need for food, water, air, etc. Dr. Manhattan is basically God, he could simply think someone out of existence, teleport them to another planet or dimension, etc and that would be it for them. To be honest I don't think any character ever created could beat Manhattan Phone Post 3.0

Franklin Richards, The Beyonder, The One Above All would all push Dr Ms shit in Phone Post 3.0

one-punch man > dr. manhattan > goku > superman

King K - Franklin Richards, The Beyonder, The One Above All would all push Dr Ms shit in Phone Post 3.0
This and the silver surfer Phone Post 3.0

MakeMeBleed -
King K - Franklin Richards, The Beyonder, The One Above All would all push Dr Ms shit in Phone Post 3.0
This and the silver surfer Phone Post 3.0
And the watcher, nulifier, Mammu, Thor, Odin, beta ray bill, Thanos, Darkseid, death, Phoenix, profx there are probably a shit ton more

Dr Manhattan is basically a better version of cpt atom Phone Post 3.0

I've always considered dr Manhattan as the GOAT badass superhero.

He's omnipotent Phone Post 3.0

tonyromosbackspasm - I've always considered dr Manhattan as the GOAT badass superhero.

He's omnipotent Phone Post 3.0
No you're thinking of night owl that couldn't get it up Phone Post 3.0

MarsMan -
BJTT_MrAntichrist - Manhattan's powers are essentially limitless. I'm not gonna say Franklin Richards has no chance at defeating him but I do think the poster above made a gross overstatement of how handily he might do so.

Manhattan can control matter, even having the ability to create and destroy it. He is hyper, and I mean HYPER, intelligent. He can teleport, use telekinesis, fly, he experiences all moments in time simultaneously, he has super human strength, he can alter his physical body, he is immortal and invulnerable (in the movie he makes reference to having walked across the surface of the sun), and he has no need for food, water, air, etc. Dr. Manhattan is basically God, he could simply think someone out of existence, teleport them to another planet or dimension, etc and that would be it for them. To be honest I don't think any character ever created could beat Manhattan Phone Post 3.0
Great answer.

Alan Moore pretty much wrote Dr. Manhattan as a man who is turning into god - as the story progresses, he becomes more skilled, powerful, but less emotional and human (even though he says something like "If God exists, he is nothing like me").

The only thing he doesn't seem able to do (up to the end of the story) is to create new life, but I always had the impression that he would leave earth to create new galaxies and eventually add new lifeforms to those systems. Phone Post 3.0
Well they sort of cover that.
He sees things at a molecular level and doesn't see living things as different or separate to anything else. Phone Post 3.0

He was beat by batman light. He was cosmic but didn't "think cosmic". Basically a more emo Silver Surfer if that's possible. Phone Post 3.0

I barely know any of the characters mentioned in this thread. Who the heck is frank richards? Phone Post 3.0

I'm not comic book expert but how powerful is the apocalyptic mutant guy in the new xmen? Phone Post 3.0

Franklin Richards is the son of Sue and Reed Richards.

Franklin is seriously the most powerful mutant EVER.

Put it this way. You know that whole Heroes Reborn experiment that Marvel did? They explained it away and the return of the classic Marvel Universe as Franklin just decided on a fucking whim to create a pocket universe. As a toddler, mind you, he created an entire goddamn universe, complete with life, etc, etc, etc. Then when he got bored with it, he just eliminated it and brought back the old universe.

You say that Manhattan can shape the world? Franklin, in addition to being a total psychic on a level that makes Professor X look like Mento the Magician at your local carnival, can shape entire universes at the blink of an eye.

So no, Manhattan has nothing on Franklin, because Franklin can literally change the entire rule set that Manhattan operates on like he's Neo in the Matrix and Manhattan is still running on an Apple IIe.

Chocolate Shatner - Franklin Richards is the son of Sue and Reed Richards.

Put it this way. You know that whole Heroes Reborn experiment that Marvel did? They explained it away and the return of the classic Marvel Universe as Franklin just decided on a fucking whim to create a pocket universe. As a toddler, mind you, he created an entire goddamn universe, complete with life, etc, etc, etc. Then when he got bored with it, he just eliminated it and brought back the old universe.

You say that Manhattan can shape the world? Franklin, in addition to being a total psychic on a level that makes Professor X look like Mento the Magician at your local carnival, can shape entire universes at the blink of an eye.

So no, Manhattan has nothing on Franklin, because Franklin can literally change the entire rule set that Manhattan operates on like he's Neo in the Matrix and Manhattan is still running on an Apple IIe.

Can Franklin see the future? Wouldn't Manhattan see Franklin do this in the future and just stop him before he did anything? Phone Post 3.0

Chocolate Shatner - Franklin Richards is the son of Sue and Reed Richards.

I've never heard of Franklin Richards before this thread. Now that you've educated me (and I thank you), can someone tell me what is the point of creating such a character? What story is to be told, or conflict is to be had?

It's been such a progressive "ramping up" of superheroes and their super-powers that it makes the stories dull and not interesting.

There was some gif on Facebook that was a bunch of super heroes and video game characters flashing really fast that stopped on onewhen you clicked it, the caption was first click defends you and second click is trying to kill you, I got dr Manhattan then link. I think I'll be fine lol.

Cool story bro Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post 3.0

Manhattan is disassociated from time. Strong stuff Phone Post 3.0